Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent an e-mail to Steve Stortz regarding modification of a Forcelle Italia front end (inverted air-assist, forerunner to Ceriani front ends) for use on a V-rod. As most know the triple-trees of the V-rod have a built in rake and trying to go to another front end without this feature would make life somewhat difficult.

Well, I asked Steve about cutting new triple trees for the Forcelle Italia, and what the accosicatied costs would be. He wrote back and advised there now is a Stortz Ceriani inverted front end available for the V-Rod. He also sent an image of a v-Rod modded out with this feature and a couple of others and here it is for you to see.

I asked Steve questions regarding this bike and the options that are on it, and when he replies, I will adivse what he says.

Attachments

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve has just gotten back to me and here is what he wrote:

Hi Rich:

The price is still being finalized but should be $2695 for the fork you see in the photo (trees, legs, axle, t-stem). It will also be available in all black or all chrome finish.

Go ahead and post it on the V-Rod forum, I would like get some feedback form V-Rod owners.

That particular bike has wheels from RC Components, headlamp shroud is from Rick's in Germany. The brake calipers are stock VR. Pipes are Screamin Eagle, engine is otherwise stock.

What is the address of the V-Rod forum ?

Steve

Max, I hope you do not mind, but I've invited Steve to join.

As many know, Steve has more than a fair amount of knowledge when it comes to suspension performance set ups. Here is his web address for those that are interested in what he has to offer:

http://www.storzperf.com/products.html

·
Registered
582 Posts
Man that front end looks tres. cool!

I have 3 questions for Steve:

1) Are the rake and length the same as stock?
2) Are they heavier or lighter than stock, how much difference?
3) I have a Eurocomponents headlight shroud- will that work?
4) Does the stock headlight still mount onto the new upper tree?

Cheers!
Rodman

·
2,552 Posts
Rich,

I need to know much more about this new front suspension for the V-Rod. I need to know ASAP. Maybe I can incorporate it into my rebuild. Can you have Steve call me on my cell phone (786) 367-7511.

VERY INTERESTED!!!!
Frank

·
2,552 Posts
Frank Storms said:
Rich,

I need to know much more about this new front suspension for the V-Rod. I need to know ASAP. Maybe I can incorporate it into my rebuild. Can you have Steve call me on my cell phone (786) 367-7511.

VERY INTERESTED!!!!
Frank
Rich,

I did not see the website you posted. I will call them in the morning. This setup looks BAD ASS!!!!!.

Thanks for posting the info
Frank

Attachments

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frank,

My apology for not responding sooner, today has been one of those FRY days for me. What could go wrong did, and what was preparing to, I did not have time left to see it happen.

I agree, after Steve sent me the image, I was wondering how this would handle pushing it through the twisties.

I am running the Forcelle Italia on my Sportster with the Progressive 440's, and that mod made the Sportster handle superb. Until you ride a bike with this set up, words cannot really describe what it is like, because you can really put it through a pace that with stock set up, just would not compare.

Some of the members here already ride bikes with suspension set ups that are probablly divine, and they know what I am talking about. The bike leaves you with no fear in its abiltiy to take on the hardest or tightest road.

My Sportster is on the selling block, and I already have a buyer for the Zippers RedShift kit for the Sportster.....I am going to go this route with the front end at some point. Then the 440's, PM brakes, wheels, and finally, I will look at the motor to decide what I want to do.

Still waiting development of something that will give a kick in the pants for the $ spent. The big bore kit for 5K with associated mods seems to be weak on the HP results I would like to see, so I have taken a backseat to the demon HP drug.

Maybe when someone gets a supercharger worked out, I will take the plunge.

I figure this motor has to be able to push out somewhere around 300HP, but am waiting for the right components to get to that point. When you see a Suzu Hyabusa pulling 400 or 500 ponies, it only makes sense that the V-Rod can attain the 300 HP number, and it is all in working the details out.

BTW, Steve Storz is a good fellow to work with, been on the track circuit, and really knows his stuff when it comes to these things. I urge anyone that wants to talk suspension, brakes, performance on the V-Rod not to discount him. His contacts from the racing circuit run pretty deep. He will retrun calls, and generally will allow incoming calls through his secretary. I think shes a front to allow him to manufacture hands on, as I can't imagine Steve flying a desk for 8 to 10 hours a day without shop time.

Personnaly, I have not spent much time talking with Steve on the phone except to resolve my rebuild issues with the Forcelle Italia front end, he was the man on the spot and walked me thorugh teardown and rebuild in minutes. He also had seals in inventory for this front end, and this has been out of production for a few years. Worked for me!

Rodman, follow the web link in the first post, and either call him, or e-mail Steve. he is timely in his response ands easy to work with.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Very Nice!Maybe The Worlds"Soon to Be"Baddest V-rod should get a set? :sinister:

·
2,552 Posts
Update

Update on the NEW STORZ/CERIANI INVERTED FORK KIT FOR V-ROD http://www.storzperf.com/np_vrod.html.

I have had conversations with Steve Storz regarding his new inverted forks for the V-Rod. I am considering it as part of my rebuild. This is the present situation IMHO.

1. They are a very high quality product.
2. The setup that will shortly be available will fit a V-Rod with a couple modification.
(a) In order to use stock 2000 and up breaks you need to install a bracket to make them fit. The current lower forks are designed for break calipers 1984 thru 1999. He is in the process of redesigning a lower fork that will be a direct bolt for our stock break calipers.
(b) In order to use the stock fender you need to install a bracket to make it fit. The current lower forks are designed for fenders 1984 thru 1999. He is in the process of redesigning a lower fork that will be a direct bolt for our stock fender.
The attached pics are with break calipers and fender 1984 thru 1999.

IMHO, if you are considering a purchase, I would wait for the redesigned lower fork unit. (Direct Bolt On)

You have to admit that they sure look hot on a V-Rod.

Most Respectfully
Frank

Attachments

·
I love my V!!!
311 Posts
Frank,

The forks do look good.

BTW, haven't seen an update on your rebuild lately. Have I missed it or has it been awhile?

·
2,552 Posts
Drew said:
Frank,

The forks do look good.

BTW, haven't seen an update on your rebuild lately. Have I missed it or has it been awhile?
Drew,

It is completely torn down and sent all over the country getting things done to it. When I start to put it back together I will update everyone.

Frank

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Franz,

Looks like the front fender set up that is on the inverted front end married to the V-Rod looks to be a Sportster style set. Up. That is definetly narrower than the V-Rod fender, and with that would give a slim profile compared to the OEM fender set up. Would imagine a gloss black finish with a silver satin pinstripe would look good, although the pure black gives it that real 'bad-boy" look.

If you have to replace the brake system, it would seem that PM components would be a match to the front end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts