Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got them, seems like it was forever, but I know it wasn't. Josh (JE Illusions) does some very nice work and its worth the wait.

Didn't want to put the sissy bar back on but my daughter was having a fit so until she has her own bike and license, I guess it is on there (besides it makes a great helmet holder :D)

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Very nice....not too many aftermarket paint sets go real well w/ the DX but this is one for sure.

I think a white set w/ black realistic flames would also be cool.

ETA: More PICS Please!

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Oh that's stunning. Do you still have the denim stripes on the tank etc?

Looks amazing - not overdone. :notworth: :notworth: :notworth: :notworth: :notworth: :notworth:

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kieron said:
Oh that's stunning. Do you still have the denim stripes on the tank etc?

Looks amazing - not overdone. :notworth: :notworth: :notworth: :notworth: :notworth: :notworth:
Thanks!

Sort of on the stripes.. instead of a true flat finish, the demim stripes are done in a slight perl paint so it adds the effect of the racing stripes.. it then has a gloss finish over it so it is still easy to maintain and allows the flames to show through the perl paint.

I'll have to take some more pics once we quit floating away down here. Since it has a gloss over it, I need to get a different angle.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Wow. Could you PM me with the price you paid for them? Did you send in your own tins etc?

I'm absolutely stunned with that job.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I like it!!! Was tryin to think of something to add myself. Looks real good post some better pics when you can..............

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Now that is absolutely gorgeous! You made a good choice picking Josh to do the work. Well done.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Very very nice... I think as long as you go with a black color and something with that harley orange color from the stripe on the wheel... anything would work great with the rest of the bike

Very nice looking..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks great! Did you start out with the denim or the vivid? I'm wondering if the headlight fairing was a challenge to paint.. The pearl stripes do a great job maintaining the original design of the bike while complimenting the updated look. Props to Josh!

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all! I agree with keeping the bike mostly black but with some extra "Wow factor" and I like how Josh accomplished what I was looking for.

It was a vivid black bike. Although I guess with replacing everything like that, you could have started with a denim and ended up with a vivid bike when you where finished.. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts