Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
aka shudude
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got new tires put on and this time I figured I'd try the Bridgestones. I got 80 miles on them so far and I like them. They feel better than the Dumflops and about on par with the Metz. I still like the Avons better, but for the price the Bridgestones are a good deal. The rear runs real smooth and there isn't any problems with the front (even though it has a center groove). I'm running stock sizes front and back. I'll post an update after I get some real miles on them (probably a week or so!)

shoe
 

·
Damaged Goods.....
Joined
·
599 Posts

·
aka shudude
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
I've looked at the Bridgestone, but the wet weather performance keeps me close to the Metzlers. That's a big deal up here.
 

·
Damaged Goods.....
Joined
·
599 Posts
I've seen that, kinda scary. As long as you dont need to turn, great, but cornering gotta be tough!



Kinda what I was thinkin, but the guy seems to think from the review it's better- doesnt seem to make sense? I'd love to see someone here try it first.- dont think it will be me....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
My-V-Extension said:
I've seen that, kinda scary. As long as you dont need to turn, great, but cornering gotta be tough!



Kinda what I was thinkin, but the guy seems to think from the review it's better- doesnt seem to make sense? I'd love to see someone here try it first.- dont think it will be me....
Not everything makes sense - he's the experienced one on the subject and says that cornering is fine . . . pretty interesting!
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
I rode a friends suzuki that went to the dark side. They turn but you feel the difference when you try to turn, you really have to make the bike turn harder and then it reaches a point when it feels like it breaks over quickly. He was happy with it but it would take some getting use to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
yeah but it looks like SHITE


who cares if it wears better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,746 Posts
Max said:
I rode a friends suzuki that went to the dark side. They turn but you feel the difference when you try to turn, you really have to make the bike turn harder and then it reaches a point when it feels like it breaks over quickly. He was happy with it but it would take some getting use to.
Thats exactly why I'm going with Avons Venoms.:notworth:
 

·
aka shudude
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, I've got 1100 mi on them now and I have decided that I really do like them. I rode to Street Vibrations in Reno and the weather sucked!! It rained, hailed & snowed on the way home, so I got see how well they performed. I was suprised how well they rode in the rain, no slippage or that "squirrelly" feeling. On the freeway (dry) they were quiet and smooth. Overall a solid performer, especially for the price. I still prefer the Avons, but if they weren't available (or I was short on cash), I'd definitely buy the Bridgestones again.

shoe
 

·
aka shudude
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HighTechHarley said:
Shoe, just curious, where are the Bridgestones manufactured?
Japan.
 

·
03 A
Joined
·
1,506 Posts
shoe,
If you dont mind, How much was the total cost? I was quoted by one of the nearby dealership here for $550 for the set which includes installation, ballancing and new air plugs but no free hotdog.
 

·
aka shudude
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ladipogi said:
shoe,
If you dont mind, How much was the total cost? I was quoted by one of the nearby dealership here for $550 for the set which includes installation, ballancing and new air plugs but no free hotdog.
$316 installed. ($236 for the Tires + $80 mount & balance).

MAWONLINE.COM has the best prices.

I had Mammoth Motorsports do the work. They will price match any online deal you find and they discount the installation ($40/tire) if you purchase the tires from them.

shoe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
had mine for 1500 miles now . Love them . Not worth the price diffrence to buy the Metz. or Avon . The fall in is great and grip is on par with the others. Never had any issues in the water ,been caught out 3 times in a heavy rain since I bought these. I got mine at www.ridenowpowersports.com . BTW I am a Metz. fan I run them on all season long on my sportbikes an dirtbikes. I just don't see or feel any difference . Metal touchs long before tires are an issue with my VRSCA anyway.
 

·
aka shudude
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
triple buzz said:
had mine for 1500 miles now . Love them . Not worth the price diffrence to buy the Metz. or Avon . The fall in is great and grip is on par with the others. Never had any issues in the water ,been caught out 3 times in a heavy rain since I bought these. I got mine at www.ridenowpowersports.com . BTW I am a Metz. fan I run them on all season long on my sportbikes an dirtbikes. I just don't see or feel any difference . Metal touchs long before tires are an issue with my VRSCA anyway.

Yeah, I agree, they seem to be equal to Metz. In the future, I don't think I could justify the extra $$ for the Metz, but I still like the Avons a little more though. I think the Avons are a little more sticky, but not much. If these get good mileage, I would definitely buy these again.
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
i cant even fathom how a car tire would turn
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top