Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of putting a set of PROGRESSIVE SHOCKS 412 12" on my VRSCD but don't know if it will be right for my bike. I have a 240 conversion on the rear and don't want it to rub. I live in a city so potholes and dips are all over the place. any advice would be helpful. also, would you go with standard or heavy duty?? I'm about 200lbs and have an occassional rider on the back.

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
I run the Progressive 412"s Heavy Duty ones.

I have the 240 mod also. If you have trimmed the inner fender you should be right 90% of the time.

If I take my missus on the back I must run them at the highest setting and on the odd BIG bump the tire still scrubs on the edge slightly.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt trim the inner fender... i might be better off going with the 12.5 heavy duty and hoping for the best.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I put the 412s 12"standards on my D . It was better then stock but my 200 hit alot here in the city ( I'm olny 165 or so) 2 up I think it just road bottomed out and my Kid is only about 130 or so .

Go with the HeavyDuties or go big with the Arnotts like I ended up doing Great ride on the rear now have to fix the front up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what did the Arnotts run you?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anybody have good pricing on them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts