Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with this comapny, or seen these on a V-ROD...if so, what is the fit and finish like...are there any gaps between the fenders???

http://www.agouracustomauto.com

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
rude122 said:
Has anyone had any experience with this comapny, or seen these on a V-ROD...if so, what is the fit and finish like...are there any gaps between the fenders???

http://www.agouracustomauto.com
rude122:

I have the Agoura seat...and love it. Kevin, the owner of Agoura is a great guy to work with, and is coming out with more V-rod mods. If you are not using a baseplate, there is no gap. Agoura is making a new seat for my bike with the baseplate. I will be selling my current seat. It is gel filled with tribal stiching. Original cost was close to $600.00. I can sell this one for $350.00 plus it looks like both of us are in Ft. Lauderdale.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
I like this seat, but I want to look at the others available before I buy anything. I've been searcing these forums and have seen a lot of talk about Sundowner, Mustang and a couple others, but I haven't seen any decent pictures.

Can anybody post some seat pics (other than stock, please) and mention what kind of seat it is? Also, if you don't mind, mention about how much your seat costs. Thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Still gotta see the Sundowner and Mustang (and any others that I don't know about). So far my favorite is the Agoura.

·
skin changer
824 Posts
lyonsd said:
Still gotta see the Sundowner and Mustang (and any others that I don't know about). So far my favorite is the Agoura.

I put a Sundowner on my 03 yesterday and put on 75 miles this evening and loved every mile. I'm 5'11" and 190 and it fits me perfectly. I took my wife with tonight for dinner on the back and she liked it also.....she wouldn't even try the standard knob that was there from stock. I bought mine online at www.surdyke.com. I bought it less then 2 weeks ago and it cost me $231.00 plus shipping. They have all Harley parts online at 20% off and I found it easier and often cheaper to buy from them then Ebay (in some cases) or my local dealers who want list plus 6% sales tax. I paid no tax but shipping cost me 6% anyhow.
I'll try to get pictures up over the weekend for you.
Also the V-ROD imprint on the Sundowner is really cool--I wouln't consider anything else myself.

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
TBAG809 said:
I have the Sundowner and love it.
To buy the Sundowner set as TBAG809 has it, you need to buy 4 things???

1. Sundowner
2. Touring backrest
3. Low rise sissy bar
4. Fender base plate

??????????????????????? Adds up fast... I'm wondering because I'd like that same setup. I'll probably have to buy it in stages...

Thanks,

KARAF

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
TBAG809 said:
The Agaura is nice looking but it has NO back support. I have the Sundowner and love it.
Re: Agoura custom seat

The only time I have missed the back support is when the bike is 120mph+. It is always good to have choices; some people choose form over funtion, or vice-versa. With our bikes, the key is finding items that flow with the bike, that also funtion well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
So you can't get a backrest with the Agoura, eh? I'd like a backrest for my passenger.

Anybody got any pics of the Mustang seat?

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
lyonsd said:
So you can't get a backrest with the Agoura, eh? I'd like a backrest for my passenger.

Anybody got any pics of the Mustang seat?
Look at my picture in the beginning of this thread. It shows an Agoura seat with the V-rod fenderbase plate, and mini-sissy. You can get a higher sissybar with backrest for the passenger.

·
Registered
173 Posts
bbruce65 said:
lyonSD, Check out their website http://www.mustangmc.com/vrod/vrod.shtml IMAO, they look like $h!t!!
OK, thanks. Yeah, I don't like them.

jcolodny said:
Look at my picture in the beginning of this thread. It shows an Agoura seat with the V-rod fenderbase plate, and mini-sissy. You can get a higher sissybar with backrest for the passenger.
I noticed that earlier. So that's a "Harley-Davidson" base plate or what?

·
Registered
173 Posts
jcolodny said:
Yes...HD baseplate & HD mini-sissy
So if I got one of those and installed it with my stock seat, and then later got the Aguora seat, would the baseplate need to be moved fore or back? Or could it remain in the same location?

How much better (if better at all) is the Aguora seat for passengers? Have you gotten any feedback from any passengers?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts