Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last 4 years have tried making and modding various screens,but never seemed to achieve the look I wanted with a screen that worked but looked okay as well.But think I have solved the problem.This is a French "Ermax" screen made for the triumph 1050 and 695 speed triple,took me a day of fiddling around making brackets etc,but finally got it to work I am pleased with the result.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
wow that does look nice I use to run a Rooster fairing on some of my Old Suzukis that that had that same look just a bit bigger.

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
looks like a Buell

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jim, Do you have a shot with the whole bike?
Looks cool !
I'll take one and post it mate.Quite amusing and interesting when you get totally different opinions of the same thing, horses for courses, and beauty is most certainly in the eye of the beholder.Personally I'm not a great fan of screens aesthetically and prefer the look of a bike without them,but as I get older (64) function has to take precedence over form,and comfort becomes more important than looking cool, to a point.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
function has to take precedence over form,and comfort becomes more important than looking cool, to a point.
Couldn't agree more Jim - my modifications aren't to everyones taste but it suits me

Steve

PS - screen looks good :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Couldn't agree more Jim - my modifications aren't to everyones taste but it suits me

Steve

PS - screen looks good :thumb:
Steve thats exactly what I've been looking for,but do you think I could get it in a 2 seater version as the wife likes to accompany me on rides!!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Attachments

·
03 A
1,506 Posts
looks really cool on the angle taken from the 2nd shot. Thank you Sir !
I am just wondering how it would look if you invert the rear view mirrors.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks:) I tried but doesn't work with those mirrors,looking at ebay to see if get get some on there,I really like the look of the mirrors on the new 48 Sportster.

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
Nicely done.

Had a chance to test it out yet?

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks:) I tried but doesn't work with those mirrors,looking at ebay to see if get get some on there,I really like the look of the mirrors on the new 48 Sportster.
Update to this, just scored 2 mirrors from ebay, black, says glass okay but scratched on back,I will rub them down and repaint them,they are genuine hd mirrors and cost about $15 the pair with postage,Result!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nicely done.

Had a chance to test it out yet?
Yeh,took it out for a blast yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by how much windblast it kept off me as it doesn't sit very high,have tried numerous screens on numerous bikes over the years and the ones that look like they would work best often dont,no easy fix to that though just a matter of trial and error.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts