Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

New rotrex street kit

31K views 233 replies 47 participants last post by  VR_man_GER 
#1 ·
We have thought long and hard about revising the supercharger kit. We decided that it had to meet the following criteria:-

Be well engineered and reliable
Be the most powerful supercharger street kit available
Fit all years and versions
Allow easy access to the oil filler and dipstick
Be simple to install
Fit with all peg configurations
Be available in polished alloy or satin black
Be cheap to maintain
Be the best price on the market
Have 2 years warranty

Our new conversion will be cut from billet, use a similar CNC plenum to
our old conversion with built in breather system modified from our knowledge gained previously. The supercharger oil tank will be separate and lower than the supercharger, in line with Rotrex's requirements.
It's impossible to hide the installation there will always be some telltale parts showing so we have decided to make a feature of the supercharger. The base kit will be none inter cooled. There will be an upgrade to inter cooled for those who want extra power. This will be based around our race kit as we know it works well and fits inside the rad cowling. The base kit will be limited to 6-7 psi and give over 150 whp. With either inter cooler, higher octane fuel or water/methanol injection this can be increased to 10+psi and give 170+whp. This will be down to the owner to choose his poison. Many gas station now have E85 Bioethanol if this is used in a mix with normal gas much higher power levels can be obtained without inter cooling. I will be testing combinations over the coming months.

I will post CAD drawings up tomorrow but please feel free to go to my Facebook page TTS Performance Tuning to see the development.

The retail price of the base kit will be £2500.00 that's approx. $4000.00
All you will need is a fuel/ign controller such as a PCV.

I will have base PCV MAPS freely available to get you to the Dynojet centre.

I hope you like what you see. All comments will be taken on board.
Any existing TTS kit owners should contact me on richard@tts-performance.co.uk I have options for you.

All the best.
Richard Albans
TTS Performance
Silverstone
England

See less See more
#4 ·
Still interesting.

Can one use a SEPST rather than a PCV?

#11 ·

Attachments

#8 ·
Great news! Welcome back Richard.

#10 ·
What about the use of pcIII as I have a hub hooked up for my nitrous trigger..

#14 ·
Is there any reason I can't chrome it?

#21 ·
I am very happy to see this design back on the table. I have always felt this gerneral set up was the best design for a super charger on a vrod (capable of big boost, driven directly off of the crank, no risk of broken parts falling into the engine like with some other designs, etc.). The new renderings look even more "low profile" than the earlier versions. Can't wait to see the finished product.

#29 ·
Cad drawings

This is our latest design, metal billets are ordered and we start cutting next week. First kit is being fitted last week of the month. The supercharger is pretty small at just 4 inch diameter and hangs on the left of the bike in line with the front pot giving plenty of room for your chin with forward controls. The advantage of this design is a simple belt run with easy pipework up under the tank cover. With a chrome pancake filter sucking in nice cold air from an uninterrupted airstream helping keep charge temps down. The supercharger also running cooler for the same reasons.

Attachments

#33 ·
we are using the same C15-60 Rotrex as our old kit, the race kit uses the C30-94 and running much higher boost. The drive train and supercharger position are similar but not the same. The function is very similar. Nitro's runs a TTS custom made intercooler and rad, this would be an option for the street kit. You can by the base kit and upgrade at a later date if you wanted more power. I think it will run very well as a base kit with over 150 whp as our old kit made 160~+

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.