181 - 200 of 234 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I guess its time to start getting this on.. :cuckoo
I will have to remove all the Sprintex components first and get it back to standard form water pump cover is getting powder coated so it should be done tomorrow /reinstall oem pump shaft through triple sprocket / throttle bodies / radiator tubing etc..
what the hell was I thinking..

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
Sprintex is completely removed damn coolant makes a F'n mess..
throttle bodies are back on ..moving right along..:blahblah:
Nice progress :thumb:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
any other way to get the bolt out in the alternator side to install pulley drive bolt I see there is a harley tool ..
have it in gear with the brake smashed motor still wants to turn..

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
cool will get one today and have this thing together
felt like I just rebuilt the bike did not know there was that much to take off from the Sprintex
but good progress have side cover ready to put on soon as I get the bolt out.. but gotta go to work..

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
while it is fresh in my mind where can you connect a boost gauge line at with this set up before I put the plenum together
Thanks just incase I forget to say it

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
what is supposed to go in the large d shape hole on the alternator cover I went through every package 5 times dont see anything even remotely close and I know it needs to be closed off
delays delays..

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
Hey Poppa, how about some pictures :wazzup:

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
Yep, still stuck. Looks like I have to wait until next week. Gotta love red tape. :chainsaw:
Kit showed up Monday morning and got some parts on their way to the chromer…. Cant wait to get this sucker started.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
good deal mine is on .. just plumbed the oil lines in need my water pump cover back from powder coat.. and have to take the extended wire harness off from the Sprintex need to get the female terminals for the connectors and bolt on the plenum and top..would not be bad if I started fresh and didnt have to redo everything..
hope to have it running this weekend
need to find out where and how to get a boost gauge hooked up not putting the plenum on till I find out ..:banghead:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Can't you put it on the factory vac port on the TB? It will read TB vac when TB is closed. I would think you would want to know true TB status for better tuning. You are reading TB plate vac/psi in real time.
Just my 2 cent

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Can't you put it on the factory vac port on the TB? It will read TB vac when TB is closed. I would think you would want to know true TB status for better tuning. You are reading TB plate vac/psi in real time.
Just my 2 cent

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I asked somebody this did not get an answer for sure but that is the only place I see possible didnt know if it would work there I have a psi gauge from the other set up.. guess I will look at what I need to put one there..

181 - 200 of 234 Posts