Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had a chance to ride the 2008's with the "bigger" engines? i understand all the new one's have a "standard" 1250 vice the 1130. Dealer's in my area are no longer going to carry a stockpile of v's... lack of sales. they are scheduled 1 delivery this year for a nightrod special... also... how is this going to impact service etc...? it's already hard enough to find "extras" without ordering and waiting. any rumors / opinions?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have been hearing similar things here. One dealer tells me that they are allocated from MoCo, and that they are slated to get 2 DXs in a couple weeks, and that is probably all they are going to get this year. The other dealer won't reveal what they are getting, as they have several '06 new R/B units that have been there a while. Nobody here seems to have '08 Rods yet, and nobody seems to be getting an inventory per se. Maybe that will change when next spring gets here and it's the meat of buying season again.

I rode the Demo, and the 1250 and ABS is very nice... :)

·
Proud Army Veteran
270 Posts
Cycle Connection in Joplin MO has a beautiful 08 on the floor. It is #3 of I think 1200 limited units being produced. Very Nice!

·
Registered
23 Posts
08 Vrscdx

The 08 had a bigger engine but it has catalitc mufflers the 07 dosen't.

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
NC Nightrod said:
they are scheduled 1 delivery this year for a nightrod special
Oh boy. Looks like HD is back to their old bullshit of creating a false shortage. Now the real bikers don't have a shot at a N Special because the rich turds will scoop em up again. Of course the good side of that wil be that in 2 years you will be able to buy those very bikes 2000 miles for a lot less!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
very happy i went ahead and got my 07

·
Registered
42 Posts
Saw 2 rods at Santa Maria, Ca HD last week.... I think they were as I was driving by on the freeway.... Got to watch those 4 wheelers around the ol Pete..

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
pbennett said:
Considering your fondness for dirty pigs, I'm not sure you're the best judge of the new anniversary edition. ;)
It's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it... You don't even know me... How do you know what kind of judge I am? Here is a hint to the Dirty pig Avatar...

Attachments

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
coinpurse said:
The 105th addition bikes look like Duracel batteries!!! F'UGLY!!! IMHO

Good call. You hit the nail right on the head with that one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
new rods

just an update to my original post.... these dealers are downplaying the v-rods and getting me wondering??? as originally told to me, they were only going to get one nightrod special in... well i stopped by to see if it came in early... nope... but they said, "oh yeah... well we've got the anniversary edition in the back".... they haven't even put it out on the floor... the only rod they've got!!! and it's not out on the floor??? sales are going to be down if i have to ASK for a tour of the"back" just to see one... but needless to say... they all do have a 1250 engine (stock 125 HP), and regardless of the "duracell" resemblance..... it's a pretty sharp bike! the seat is a two tone black and brown leather to match the "copper top" look! i still like the nightrods... and can't wait to see one. i just hate they changed the engines! they still haven't got many after market parts for the 1130's... and now they are obsolete??? good news is they all have a bigger 5 gallon fuel tank!!! so i guess on the "down" side.....with the new engines..... how long before you can get decent after market accessories for it??? a lot of companies are just now getting the fuel mapping down pat from the 1130's!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I traded my 06 A for the 08 AW anniversary addition. The 06 had stage 1 done (pipes, tune, filter) and the 08 is still bone stock and I don't notice much difference at all in performance between the two (other than the extra 60 miles between fill ups). I think the 240 tire sucks the power out of it, though I like the look much better than the 180. I also very much like the anniversary colors in person, if you've only seen it in pictures and you say you don't like it, you don't know what your talking about.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Gazoo said:
Oh boy. Looks like HD is back to their old bullshit of creating a false shortage. Now the real bikers don't have a shot at a N Special because the rich turds will scoop em up again. Of course the good side of that wil be that in 2 years you will be able to buy those very bikes 2000 miles for a lot less!
:them:

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
This is MHO. CaptGRMC and I stopped in at a local dealer the other day and saw a couple new VR's. I know 240mm and up is all the rage. I guess I don't get it. I can't see going over 200mm myself. After all I have chicken strips on my 180mm now and drag metal often. I'm not too keen on the duracell look either... but then again I never liked the annodized A's either. To each his own. As for the DX, well, their like a$$holes, mustangs, and fatboys... everyone has one. Oops thats right, I have a stang and a butthole:hidesbeh: :D As for service/parts/support etc. etc. Thats what 1130cc.com is for!:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
I rode a demo this week, first off the bars were almost unreachable for my short body, but getting past that and scooting as far forward as possible I put a few miles on it. The power is certainly quite noticeable, ie; cubes make grunt. It pulls very strong, and feels great. The pipes make it almost whisper quiet, so the sound is nothing, they would have to be changed !

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
jimvroduk said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoo

:them: .....Harley up to some bullshit? Some members ain't gonna like you sayin' this!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts