Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
speed racer
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all , i have finished my proto type "road" pulleys . i am offering 2 new billet aluminum (6061) pulleys that fit 2002-2004 . a 31 tooth and a 32 tooth front pulley . each pulley is black hard anodized and comes with 3 new grade "8" sholder bolts ,and a packet of loctite. the 31 tooth pulley dropped the high gear rpm by 600,and the 32 tooth dropped it by 1100 rpms . this should give you 12-15 % better fuel millage . i have put 300 miles on them and have no issues in wear or failures . the 32 tooth is a single up rider only !!! as you have to work the clutch a bit more durring take off . they are a direct bolt in and they have the same 5 degree taper as the factory pulleys do. cost is $180.00 plus shipping
Pn# HKS-31
Pn# HKS-32

Attachments

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
..... interesting new parts... I wonder what these will do to top speeds???

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts
with a 32 tooth and the motor to push it. you could go from a 150 top speed at 9500 to a 170 top speed at 9500.

·
speed racer
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes the top speeds will be higher than stock ,so who wants to get one and try a top speed run ? . i just picked my new 09 muscle and i have it apart already for a pulley for it and the 07 as well . soon . i have had 5 requests for a 26, but as soon as i finish the 07-09 pulleys i will get back on the 26 tooth pulley. it may come with a new belt ,but we will see. i sure liked taking some rpms out . it made the long ride way nicer and the fuel stops longer apart. i am running the stock tank ..dont' get me wrong, there is not sub for a bigger tank , but it is way cheeper and only takes 20 min to switch it . scott.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
:banghead: :banghead:

need 28T for turbo guys.

This is great...no changing the flange.

Great work.

rsc

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
is it possible to mess with the rear pulley? if so, how would it perform with a + or - toofasises?

·
speed racer
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

yup you do not have to change the original flange . we are also making a 28 tooth and will have it ready soon . the 26 is fighting us a bit . we may have to change the flange ( hub) to do it . fright now it is a little thin and may not have the strengh we want . but i will keep you all informed . (azeagle) yes we are going to make one for the 07 -09. thanks for the responce .
spdrcr.

·
speed racer
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i forgot to answer the post on the rear pulley . we were going to do one .but it would cost alot more and would make to change over time way longer . this way you just remove the front pulley cover and loosen the rear wheel bolt and unbolt the original (stock) pulley and revers the steps and your done in about 30 min or less . for some it may take longer .30-40 min. with the rear you have to completely remove the rear wheel and have the bike on a center stand or lift to chang it . there ya go . spdrcr

·
Registered
116 Posts
Will the 32 tooth work on my 06 VRSCA? I currently do 70 MPH at 4500 RPM. What will the 70 RPM be on it with the 32 tooth? Do I need a different belt? What will I need to install it? I do ride 2 up from time to time though so what would the cruise be on the 31?

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
if my logic is correct that would be [stock tooth count]/32 * 4500

I believe 05+ has 28T, so 28/32*4500 = 3938, or about 12% drop. thats significant!

Will the 32 tooth work on my 06 VRSCA? I currently do 70 MPH at 4500 RPM. What will the 70 RPM be on it with the 32 tooth? Do I need a different belt? What will I need to install it? I do ride 2 up from time to time though so what would the cruise be on the 31?

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
hi all , i have finished my proto type "road" pulleys . i am offering 2 new billet aluminum (6061) pulleys that fit 2002-2004 . a 31 tooth and a 32 tooth front pulley . each pulley is black hard anodized and comes with 3 new grade "8" sholder bolts ,and a packet of loctite. the 31 tooth pulley dropped the high gear rpm by 600,and the 32 tooth dropped it by 1100 rpms . this should give you 12-15 % better fuel millage . i have put 300 miles on them and have no issues in wear or failures . the 32 tooth is a single up rider only !!! as you have to work the clutch a bit more durring take off . they are a direct bolt in and they have the same 5 degree taper as the factory pulleys do. cost is $180.00 plus shipping
Pn# HKS-31
Pn# HKS-32
Will it fit the '05 SE?

·
speed racer
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i still need to test a 05-06 as to the fitment . the cruze speed on my 02 is as follows .this is the test on my own bike on the road .not on a dyno .
60 mph = 4200 rpms stock pulley 30t
70 mph = 5000 rpms " "

60 mph = 4000 rpms 31 tooth
70 mph = 4500 rpms " "

60 mph = 3600 rpms 32 tooth
70 mph = 4000 rpms " "
75 mph = 4200 rpms " "
the rpms and speeds my vary as i was riding and talking to my chase car that was following me during the inital testing . the 31 tooth will drop rpms by 500 plus or minus 50 rpms. the 32 tooth will drop the rpms by 1000 rpms plus or minus 50 rpms . they are not exact figures and each rider will and does ride different. but it will give you better millage and take some rpms out of the motor on freeway ridding. as to the calibration. we did not do a side by side mph comarison,but we will soon stay tuned.

·
speed racer
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
we were shooting for a 10% to 15% difference . but it looks like we got a 10-12% change .
spdrcr

1 - 20 of 89 Posts