Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Harley Davidson VRSCA
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Just got my 2004 VRSCA and it looks like my Son is trying to claim her. Discovered a few things I didn't notice on the test ride. She's got a bit of white smoke and and it appears she may have had a history of overheating. Well good news is i'll have all winter to sort her out.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, Just got my 2004 VRSCA and it looks like my Son is trying to claim her. Discovered a few things I didn't notice on the test ride. She's got a bit of white smoke and and it appears she may have had a history of overheating. Well good news is i'll have all winter to sort her out. View attachment 608641
Sweet bike. Sounds like the perfect winter project.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome!! Congrats on the new bike and liked biker boy said start with the cooling. Hopefully a quick and easy fix. Once that’s fixed the fun begins 😉

·
Registered Insane
2003 VRSCA
265 Posts
I did my thermostat on my 2003 back in 2013. Make sure you check out shopronniesharleydavidson.com and have a look at their micro-fiche so you know you are getting all the right parts together before you dig into it. You need the whole housing for the thermostat as that's the only way they sell the thermostat now. Make sure you get any of that dried orange antifreeze off of all the parts before you put it back together. It should only take a couple hours to do the job. I did it outside under the stars in the lighting from my camper. I use Peak GLOBAL antifreeze as it's easy to find.

·
Registered
2004 Harley Davidson VRSCA
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did my thermostat on my 2003 back in 2013. Make sure you check out shopronniesharleydavidson.com and have a look at their micro-fiche so you know you are getting all the right parts together before you dig into it. You need the whole housing for the thermostat as that's the only way they sell the thermostat now. Make sure you get any of that dried orange antifreeze off of all the parts before you put it back together. It should only take a couple hours to do the job. I did it outside under the stars in the lighting from my camper. I use Peak GLOBAL antifreeze as it's easy to find.
Brother, Thank you for the info I really appreciate it. lifesaver (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts