Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished these up last night. What do you think? It matches the skull and spike forward controls I do exactly.

I want to do a design that is less "sharp" but every one that I come up with looks like a banana. Anyone have any ideas?

-Keith

PS I know the rear pegs are gross and that is on the list of things to work on...

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
I dig the lines!

Maybe someting in the shape of the tank / frame inserts below the seat, reversed?

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
I really like these. Want to do another set?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like these. Want to do another set?
I am going to start making them next week (have a wedding this weekend). One thing that I have to say is that the stock spacers are 2 different sizes. So you will have to run a washer on one side. I didn't do that and everything seems fine, but the one side is .15" wider. I was thinking of just cutting the 2 different sizes but honestly it would add about 25% more time on and I want to sell them as cheaply as possible. I am thinking $80 shipped where the rizoma ones are $130 not shipped. If you want a set pm me...

I also want to do a package with the sidemounts which would save you $10. If you already bought a sidemount from me I will still give you the discount...

-Keith

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dig the lines!

Maybe someting in the shape of the tank / frame inserts below the seat, reversed?
You mean like the triangle where the key is? That could work...

-Keith

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
those are nice i like them

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
You mean like the triangle where the key is? That could work...

-Keith
Yes sir!.........I like the lines of the example, just not crazy about the points on them for this bike.

Beta tester in waiting.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes sir!.........I like the lines of the example, just not crazy about the points on them for this bike.

Beta tester in waiting.
I will work on a design on sunday. PM me your email and I will send it straight to you...

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Something like this, but with radiused corners.

Attachments

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
kewl

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Something like this, but with radiused corners.
I will get something by sunday night. That will be pretty easy...

-Keith

·
Life is great!
783 Posts
Nice work as usual! I am sure your original design flows with your front peg set up. I think the inverse triangle of the key location will look nice too. Either way I think it will flow well

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how does the wire route on these
There is a channel cut un the back that hides the bolt of the lights (the wire goes through the bolt) and ends right before the hole of the shock. You then can tuck the wires right under the fender.

-keith

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is a couple designs I came up with today. Any suggestions would be great:

-Keith

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Received the parts today. Thanks again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts