Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched first off, I found numerous discussions about replacing the rear fender but I didn't come up with anyone that has done it themselves. Does anyone know where to get a narrower/less ass ugly rear fender for an 07? I found a thread where someone talked about the parts needed to fit an earlier model fender. Has anyone here done it? Where is Hogpro with 07 parts? They have exactly what I'm looking for (integrated license plate) but I see nothing for an 07 on their site. What are my options here?

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Check out my gallery. I have the JE Illusions. My bike is also posted on their web site. Very sweet rear fender and great people to deal with.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
You could always get one off a 07 or newer nite rod.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That JE illusion fender looks pretty sweet, I bet it would really fit just right with a 260 mounted back there. The LED lights, they are integrated turn signals I assume? How functional is it as a tail light and brake light? I would definately consider that one, but I'd find a way to mount the plate in the rear which I prefer and I want the lights to be safe, I don't need to give these dumbasses around here an excuse to run into me. Thanks for the input. If I saw someone with an 07 night rod fender mounted on the frame of an 07 that came with the wide fender I would consider it, but I want to see what it looks like first, I think the frame is wider back there.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
mwdhand said:
That JE illusion fender looks pretty sweet, I bet it would really fit just right with a 260 mounted back there. The LED lights, they are integrated turn signals I assume? How functional is it as a tail light and brake light? I would definately consider that one, but I'd find a way to mount the plate in the rear which I prefer and I want the lights to be safe, I don't need to give these dumbasses around here an excuse to run into me. Thanks for the input. If I saw someone with an 07 night rod fender mounted on the frame of an 07 that came with the wide fender I would consider it, but I want to see what it looks like first, I think the frame is wider back there.
That is a Metz 260 under it. The turn signals are about 1 1/2''. As far as the break lights they are bright but about two weeks ago I had an Fire Medic driving an Excursion lock his tires up and almost ran me over. Quick thinking on my part I headed for the shoulder of the road. Now, was he paying attention or did he not see my break lights? Hmmmm............ I am serious thinking about more break lights. But damn does that fender look sweet.

·
Never Late
520 Posts
it would be easier to buy an '02-'06 and slap on a 240 with the narrow fender:D

JE fender is still rather large and from a side view just does not sit right....looks slanted forward....it is close but just not right. did i mention it is still HUGE!!! even with a 260.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
nval8 said:
it would be easier to buy an '02-'06 and slap on a 240 with the narrow fender:D

JE fender is still rather large and from a side view just does not sit right....looks slanted forward....it is close but just not right. did i mention it is still HUGE!!! even with a 260.
i agree... it is one of the better options but it is still really bulbus looking from the side.. and there still seems to be a huge amount of gap between the tire and tip of the fender even with those 11.5" shocks!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
DUDE!! I jsut found Ricks fender!! IT is exactly what I want on my bike.. however the only thing that concerns me is that the bike has air ride and with the suspension up there would be a ridiculous gap between the tire and fender!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts