Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
07VRSCDXSUPERCHARGED
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is an every day driver/open track day drag toy, and I love my rear fender delete and the custom inner fender/passenger pillion support I welded up, but you can imagine what my back looks like when riding on a damp day, or at the strip...so I'm exploring my options. I want a fender that will fit well with my Arnotts dropped all the way (as in really hugging the tire close but not touching), and I'm not really concerned about a passenger seat anymore (bought my lady a XL1200N).

Here are a few old pics of my current set up-

Here are a couple of ones I saw that I'm considering but I have no idea what they are- Anybody know who makes these or where I can get them? Or do you think they're one off customs? I'm looking to build/buy something similar.

I think this one keeps with the drag-esq style I'm going for-

But this one looks excellent with the seat (what is that?) and fits very well with the Arnotts. (But where do all the electronics under my current passenger pillion go?

Also, I have a slight concern about losing frame rigidity if I completely remove the fender support. For those of you who have take one off you know they are a pretty heavy piece. Maybe I should put a piece of aluminum bar stock between the bolts in it's place? On a stock bike it might not matter but with mine pushing around 200hp at the crank I thought it might be more of a concern. Input?

On a totally different topic-
I've also toyed with the idea of lengthening my swingarm 3-4 inches.. not because I drag it, just because I think it looks mean. Of course if I did that I'd have to work up a whole different fender idea.. hmmm
(Proceed with the bashing):bash:

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
Not the cheapest option, but I love my carbon fibre fender from Kreater (most of the electronics are still under the seat - I think only the Arnotts compressor is in the airbox)

www.kreater.com

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
JE Illusions also has a fender that looks pretty good and it's specific to the '07 and newer wide tire bikes.... Ghost Rider Customs sells them and he's a vendor here.

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Just my .02 cents.

If I was you, I would do something I plan on doing this spring here within the next month or two.

Buy a fender blank, one that will hug the size tire your running. Then come up with a custom cut, and mounting system.

In the end you will be a lot happier with it, as others on here have done it and they look bad A$$.

Screw all them people out there selling plastic/CF ones for a price that is unreasonable IMHO. It's a rip off, compared on how much the material costs and how little time they spend making them. Most of the time spent on those so called custom fenders made from CF/Plastic is just them sitting and curing/Harding. Make your own, don't be like the 100s of others who buy something that others are rocking.

A fender blank is way cheap, compared to the cost of those so called custom ones.

But again this is just my two cents, and to each his own.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Project V had a custom rear fender made to the shape of the original. It was lengthened to fit the extended swingarm.

·
07VRSCDXSUPERCHARGED
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like where your head is 11B, I'll have to look into that. I don't know why I wasn't already headed that way, it's more my style anyway.

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
I like where your head is 11B, I'll have to look into that. I don't know why I wasn't already headed that way, it's more my style anyway.
Thanks, going to research it more. But feel it's the best option to get what I am looking for, and that classic one off look.

I hate having stuff other have when it comes to style. Shocks, lights, etc. isn't a big deal. But fenders/tins, wheels, etc. are a thing to get custom and just right IMHO.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts

That's my dead V. You can see on page 2 of my gallery how I made that one-off fender. I have made another for my "new" V, but the styling is slightly different. I think it's also in my gallery.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Someone on here made/moded a fender to fit the tire and mounted to the swinging arm, looked really sweet and would keep the water down.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
here is my fender , this is not my bike but i bought the fender from this guy
it is a cutting illusion fender

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts