Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was, installing my new chrome slotted break pedal as per the instructions when BAM:mad: , everything went to shit! The entire apparatus came apart! :chair: I understand the concept of how the foot break applies pressure to the break "piston" to force hydro fluid back to the rear breaks... got it... but what I cant figgure out is how to keep that damn spring under the black rubber sleve to stay compressed! I understand the need of every part in the mix except an errant snapring that was on the push shaft (attached at the top to the break pedal, the bottom round end fits into the "piston") between the thick washer and the gold-in-color spring cap. reading this has forced me to go take some pictures so you will understand my delima!

How the hell does this go back together?!?!? :banghead:
Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Its a bitch. I had to call over my neighbor to hold one part while I pushed another. Getting the pin out is a bitch. Put some grease on it when you replace it.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1,000,000,000 Thanks! :D
If I can't get it, I guess I will have to ride the 8 miles to the HD shop with no rear break and be ridiculed by the mechanics at the shop!:chair:
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts