Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Not dyno'd to make sure but seat of the pants this thing feels about as strong as it is Open!:eek: Not sure the # K&N but it works perfectly over my BILLET VELOCITY STACKS!:diablo:

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
another view.:cool:

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John,
it's New For me!:slap2: I don't run anything at the Track,but needed something for on the Street .It works Awesome!:sinister: These are Real K&N's over Billet Throttle Bodies"Bigger Than Stock" so doubt his is the same just in principle.:cool:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
About time you get some pics going again.
Looks good.How tall and wide are they(air filters)?I noticed that you got the filters all the way down to the base.How for up into the filters are the stacks?I was planning on putting the clamp more toward the top.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
????????;)

·
2,552 Posts
Kaz,

Does that filter combo set lower than the stock setup. The reason I ask is that I stopped by (BPP) Ernie's shop yesterday to look at his new airbox cover with the gage mounted in it. With it, you have a clearance problem in height. What he has done is to remove the plastic filter lid, cut the longer velocity stack and install a new clear plastic lid. It works, I guess. But do not like cutting down the longer stack. By the way I am going with SuperTrapp exhaust with my rebuild until the perfect exhaust comes out. I picked up the new ST's cheap on ebay.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Filters

Here are a couple picture one with the UNI filters when I installed a Power Shifter. Tried the K&N’s but could not get the aluminum cover on. Hit the rear filter. The UNI squished down. This setup is no longer in use. Had a compatibility problem between the engine kill box and the Harley ECM.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Frank,
I have the Billet Velocity Stacks and TB.Also the bottom of the Box is removed.I have plenty of room with my setup.It is not stock though so good luck!;)

P.S My stacks are Much Shorter then stock!:sinister:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
7/11,
what were you setting your bike up for the track?What the best you have run?what else have you try'd?:cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Kaz:
Was going to make it a weekend warrior. Was going to hook up with Kevin Paterson.
When the shifter didn’t work out kind of lost interest. Kevin would have kicked my A$$ anyway.
Thinking about an air shifter and might try it this summer.
Only updates are SE1 mufflers, Power Commander and K&N.
Larry

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Larry,
The Racing Game can sometimes take away ALL THE FUN!Let me know when your ready to head back to the Track.Maybe I can help ya out a Little!;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts