Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 R. I'm looking for exhaust. Stock is too quiet. Actually had a Honda Gold Wing owner tell me that it sounded like a Honda. Want it to sound alittle more Harley. HELP

·
Registered
415 Posts
exhaust

Same here mate.Got the bike three weeks ago but because there are none close to me here with modifications done all research has been on here. Gotta pick carefully as a stage one plus exhaust here in Northern Ireland or UK for that matter is around $2000.00

Honda !!!!!!!! The mind boggles. Have to sort this soon so come on guys.

Cheers

Bryan Graham ( Ex Honda owner and now 99% happy Harley owner )

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was with a friend that has a 03 lowrider and I thought he was going to piss himself laughing so hard

·
Big Dawg
705 Posts
I have the CFR on mine and love it. There ia a link to Carry Foss Racing on the forum home page on the right side. You will also need some type of fuel managment module. ie: Gils box, PCIII, SERT... . I would also recomend a high flow air filter. ie: SE, K&N... .

·
Big Dawg
705 Posts
Sorry double post.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Hows the sound? Not too obnoxious?

·
Big Dawg
705 Posts
It is loud when you get on it hard. But has low wonderful rumble. I have ordered a Vortek power cone from Jegs, but due to work have not had time to install it yet. Hoping it will tone it down a little.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have a picture of it on your R? The pics on the website aren't on a R.

·
Registered
415 Posts
exhaust

I would prefer a 2 - 2 . Thanks for the replys so far.

Cheers

Bryan

·
Big Dawg
705 Posts
1SG said:
Do you have a picture of it on your R? The pics on the website aren't on a R.
Sorry I dont, but I'm sure some of our R brothers do and will post up soon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was leaning toward 2-2 also but it does sound good. I like. thanks again

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much more power have you gotten out of the pipe, Gil's box and K&N(topless)?

·
Big Dawg
705 Posts
I have not been able to Dyno it yet as I can not find one close I trust, but I am looking. Seat of the pants tells me it much better mid range power and much more responsive.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you order the pipe from CFR or another source? So your saying it is worth the $$$

·
Big Dawg
705 Posts
I did order it from CFR. I am very pleased with the end result.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Worth the money. I have a Jeg's cone in mine, and it is not obnoxious. See my gallery for pictures. It also allows "A" model passenger footpeg brackets and gives a bit more leg room for my wife. Lops off 20 pounds, too! Some guys are going to the Rinehart pipe. Do what you like! Good luck, Joe

·
Greg
604 Posts
moto said:
I would prefer a 2 - 2 . Thanks for the replys so far.

Cheers

Bryan
I installed the Supertrapp Fatshots 2:2 about 6 weeks ago and love them.

I have a thread on here that includes pictures of them on the bike (also in my gallery) and a video clip as well (a search on Supertrapp or Fatshots should get you there). I've also posted my PCIII map (in case you go this route and install a PCIII you can download my map).

The dyno results indicated a 3.5hp gain and a 4fp torque gain. The sound is great (not too loud but a really nice tone) and they look great for those looking to stick with the 2-2 configuration.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts