Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm Paul from the STL area and new to the forum!

I currently have a Yamaha Warrior and enjoy the performance/ride etc. I have made a few modifications to be more 2 up friendly such as a seat change, passenger peg relocation, and removable shield. My experience with HD is driving a v-rod and heritage softail deluxe. I enjoyed the rod and did not care for the deluxe. Recently at the HD dealerships I've been looking at the street glides for two up riding. The problem is I like the rod in every aspect except its 2 up ability. If the glide's 96ci motor runs anything close to the deluxe I drove I would be miserable. To bring the glide up to what I would want the cost shoots up into the 21-25K range and I still wouldn't know if I'd like the thing!

During warm weather I usually ride 2 up on the weekends for a couple hours each day. No long trips here. Looking at potential options on the rod I see aftermarket seats for both the night rod special and the muscle that don't kill the lines of the bike. Are any of these comfortable for a passenger? Is there anyway to make the vrod more passenger friendly without murdering the lines of the bike? Seat? Detachable backrest? Am I forced to go the street glide route? The first thing my woman said when viewing the rod is that it doesn't look comfortable. I need to sell her on it! I'm considering an 08 or newer night rod or a muscle.

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
Welcome Paul, and there are nice seats for the older bikes and not sure on the F Bike. I use a sundowner seat and gives driver support and extra comfort for the passenger. Just have to see what bike you realy want and drive it and get a seat to enjoy on it. There is no prombem to ride two with the power the Vrod has.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If you got away with/ liked the 2 up on the warrior then you can get the V rod to the same basic comfort level as long as it is not the muscle. The sundowner seat with a backrest along with relocated foot pegs (check out the forearms by artisan engineering in my signature) makes it as comfortable as a warrior with the same type mods. I would suggest shocks as well for 2-up on the rod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts