Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to put the bike on a diet being I cant stay away from Bryers Butter Pecan... Just got this delivered by FedEx.. Rear wheel minus tire off a 08 ZX10..... Per my scale it weighs 18.5 pounds as it is pictured... My plan is to get some custom ceramic bearings from World Wide that will fit the zx10 hub and allow me to still use my stock axles.. Ordered a rear caliper and am hoping to save a few pounds there also. Got a front sprocket from a member here at a good deal.. With any luck hoping to have it done by the Rock race... Now just got to find a front wheel and calipers...

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Good looks and weight loss all in one package. That's a win/win. Please keep us posted of how the install goes and any issues you overcome. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Trying to put the bike on a diet being I cant stay away from Bryers Butter Pecan... Just got this delivered by FedEx.. Rear wheel minus tire off a 08 ZX10..... Per my scale it weighs 18.5 pounds as it is pictured... My plan is to get some custom ceramic bearings from World Wide that will fit the zx10 hub and allow me to still use my stock axles.. Ordered a rear caliper and am hoping to save a few pounds there also. Got a front sprocket from a member here at a good deal.. With any luck hoping to have it done by the Rock race... Now just got to find a front wheel and calipers...
the wheels on the modern sportbikes are really good wheels ,light and safe and sometimes really reasonably priced.. i think that you are going to have a cool bike when done..we put a rc comp wheel for a gxsr on the front of our v-rod with special bearings to fit the stock axles.. we got blank 11in performance machine disks and machined them to fit the wheels and the calipers lined up perfectly with no spacers or maching..

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Those look great. Keep us posted on progress. You think this might get you in the high 10's?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im hoping so Tim.....I picked up a front wheel,rotors and calipers off Ebay yesterday.. Am going to run a Shinko 003 Stealth on the front and a 190/50/17 Shinko Hook Up on the rear...

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up the front wheel and rotors today, they go to Powder Coating on Monday, bearing, tires, front calipers should be here by Wednesday. Rear sprocket is a week out, had to get one made....Front wheel weighs 10 lbs, the rotors are 6 lbs....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Me too, I sold my wheels on the bike now....I should have it done with in 2 weeks and be able to go T & T before the race...

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the wheels back from powder coating today, got tires, bearings, all the calipers and rotors now.. Getting tires mounted tomorrow, still need a chain and get spacers and brake caliper mounts made.... Looking good for Rockingham I hope...

Attachments

·
JESUS IS LORD
469 Posts
there looking good:)
can't wait to see them at the ROCK!

Rich V
VR4
SG5
SP8
PD6640

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Played around with mocking the front wheel up today, got to get spacers and calipers mounts made.... $$$, but nothing worth doing is cheap and easy....

My cut front wheel with the rotors weighs 32.5 lbs
ZX10 front wheel with rotors weighs 26 lbs
All 3 of the zx10 calipers weigh 8 lbs

Cant wait to see how much the rear will shave off, guessing over 20 lbs.....

Attachments

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Hell Yeah!!! :notworth::notworth:

Pics of the rear mocked up...

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Looks real good! Can't wait to see the finished product. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rear sprocket finally arrived today, unfortunately I'm not going to be able to have them on before the race this weekend...

Attachments

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
Good luck in your race, please post pics and details of your project.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Good Luck!

I wish I could come down and help put that together.

This is just going to be badass!

rod

1 - 20 of 74 Posts