Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
VividDX
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife just got a new camera so I thought I would try it out. Took some pics of the bike to show some of the mods. I have ordered the Legend's air ride, progressive front lowering springs and Metz 260 for the rear. However it looks like it will be a month before the Legend's arrives. Can't wait to get it all done.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Looks great! How hot do the pipes get on the leg with just the wrap?

·
VividDX
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heat shields under the wrap that help.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Great looking mods!!!! I like the new grips and mirrors moved down under, and the short pipes really open up the side and looks so much better!!!

Great job :thumb:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bra

Make sure your bra front strap is up around the pins that insert into the bushings on the front... this will keep it tight and stop any rubbing... it looks loose.... Great mods, how are the mirrors when swung under, functional?... I've contacted the toxic chopper guys about a dual system on both sides of the bike... like the road king... said they are trying to mock this up... waiting...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Been wanting to take a night pic of my bike with the lights on... I think mine would be nearly an exact replica.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Err, those look like the stock rear blinkers... jah?

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Was never a big fan of that style of exhaust, but that looks awesome. I love the heat tape as well. That just makes all that much meaner looking.

·
Gone
545 Posts
07vrscdx said:
Wife just got a new camera so I thought I would try it out. Took some pics of the bike to show some of the mods. I have ordered the Legend's air ride, progressive front lowering springs and Metz 260 for the rear. However it looks like it will be a month before the Legend's arrives. Can't wait to get it all done.

Where did you get that rear turn signal relocation kit??? That's awesome. If you made it, you should start selling them.

·
VividDX
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the great feedback. Just to answer a few questions:

1. The mirrors took a little getting used to but I believe that I can see better than when they were in the stock position.
2. The mirrors do not hit the tank at full turn. Still have plenty of room.
3. The pipes do have baffles that help keep the proper back pressure, but they also have a great mean growl. I had to modify them a little to make them my own. They started out a Black Toxic Chopper Double barrell pipes. I had to do some bending and banging to get them exactly how I wanted them. I then wrapped them with DEI heat wrap and put the chrome turn down tips (Advance Auto Parts) on.
4. Adding the baffles allowed me to keep the stock horsepower. I lost a little at high end but gained in the low end balancing out to a pretty even trade.
5. The turn signal brackets were actually laying around the shop and were mounted to the inner fender thus allowing me to keep the stock turn signals. Not sure where they came from but I can check to see if more are available.

Thanks again for all the feedback and I will keep the pics up to date as the mods continue.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Good luck with the plate. Several of my buddies "used" to have their's sideway's.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts