Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Bottle Fed
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made my best pass ever last night at KCIR in Kansas City. Still working on the 60'.

R/T .035
60' 1.693
330 4.500
1/8 6.851
MPH 103.19
1000 8.921
1/4 10.714
MPH 125.38

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
SCHWEET! you're really getting a handle on that baby! Good job! Looking forward to seeing you at the rally!

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
I lived in Lee's Summit back in 1995, I really liked it. Lived on Dale Hunter Dr, it was my very first house.

Mike

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
have to keep in mind it's only a 30shot.....and 1/2 second is HUGE improvement in the 1/4 mile

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
as the amount of desired increase in ET increases, so does the amount of HP it takes to get there....it grows progressively due to the increased drag, rotating inertia, etc......for instance, in order for an 8 second bike to run 7 seconds, it takes about 4 times the supplemental (nitrous assisted) HP that it would take for an 11 second bike to run 10.....

·
The Hawk
3,805 Posts
Very good time, and no, you won't be able to leave it alone, this stuff is addicting.

Mike

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Big Time!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
kcmaggs said:
Made my best pass ever last night at KCIR in Kansas City. Still working on the 60'.

R/T .035
60' 1.693
330 4.500
1/8 6.851
MPH 103.19
1000 8.921
1/4 10.714
MPH 125.38
kcmaggs,
way to go:nos !Do you Keep a Log book and do only 1 change at a time?
What was the Air desity that night as that alone can be 2-3/10th's:deal: !
Also make notes on your time slip if you don't have a drag racing Log Book yet.Sumit and Jeg's will send you one for FREE:broke: ! Tire Pressure,and Launch RPM have been some of my Best Testing tool's:kaz:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I don't think he was looking for advice Kaz....that's probably why he didn't "thank you".....I know him and the kid can ride.....he's just getting used to the nitrous......

·
Bottle Fed
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. I've just been making some mental notes about conditions and such at this point. I really should start to take better notes. Joe, I have went to a 40 shot and it seems to be working well. My best pass on a 30 shot was 10.81. To those who are learning (like myself) about drag racing a .5 difference in in the quarter mile is a huge. For example on my 10.71 pass I raced a turbo GSXR and he ran 10.20 and smoked my ass! He came by me at half track like I was in neutral. My personal best N/A was 11.41. I can tell you this that the 11.41 pass felt terribly slow compared to my 10.71. I'm hoping when everybody comes to KC the density altitude will be good and we can all set some personal best( except for the northeast guys they always have good air)lol. I've only been racing my V-Rod for a year in a half but I can tell you that in most cases Kansas City in September is perfect for drag racing. All my best times came in the fall. I'm hoping by the rally if the conditions are right I can get this horse in the low 60's or even the 50's(with a huge tailwind). Last fall I could run 11.50's or better N/A most nights but in the summer I was lucky to break 11.80. Keep in mind I'm not worth a shit so my data has many variables. Can't wait for you guys to get here so we can tear up the track for a night!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
we'll be there with bells on KC....looking forward to seeing you again

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,396 Posts
mikelewis said:
Bring your puter and we will fix it up for ya... :wazzup:

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Looking forward to KC myself. We will have some serious vrod drag racing knowledge to spread around. That is unless the worlds fastest makes it to KC. Then we will need to all shut up and listen to the king of vrods run his mouth about how much he knows.

·
Bottle Fed
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mikelewis said:
Excellent!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Where were you last night Joe? You missed my public execution!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts