Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 VRSCD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I just picked up an ‘06 Nightrod and found this forum. It’s my second Harley. I had an ‘01 Superglide Sport for about ten years but sold it a couple of years ago. I find that this bike rides very similarly with the mid controls and similar suspension, just not quite as nimble.

On to the bike: It was originally purchased by a service member that went overseas soon after and didn’t come back. His parents kept it since but it didn’t see the road until recently when they gave it to a friend to sell it. He rides an Ultra Classic so he knew how to take care of it. Changed the fluids and charged up the battery. The tires look good and it’s dirty but still rock solid and has 2400 miles on it.

Only issues are some warped front rotors and an engine light coupled with a high idle. I figure there may be a sensor that needs to be replaced somewhere and/or a vacuum leak but I’ll have to figure that out later. I picked it up in the Detroit area a week before we move to Hayward so its next journey will be a ride in the back of our moving truck.

Anyway, great to be here and looking forward to learning a lot from the group.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2006 VRSCD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just want to report the bike survived the trip. Strapped it to the wall by the front of the box on the right side with foam car roof kayak blocks in between and bags of cloths on top to prevent damage. Made the 2500 mile trip without even a scratch.

·
Horsepower Whisperer
729 Posts
Tires look good, but are they original? Check the date codes on the tires.

Welcome and congratulations on the cool bike.

·
Registered
2006 VRSCD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tires look good, but are they original? Check the date codes on the tires.

Welcome and congratulations on the cool bike.
Thanks! The tires do look fine but they are original. Looks like I’m going to have to pony up funds to replace them.

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
153 Posts
Just want to report the bike survived the trip. Strapped it to the wall by the front of the box on the right side with foam car roof kayak blocks in between and bags of cloths on top to prevent damage. Made the 2500 mile trip without even a scratch.
:) Good to hear! I bought mine in Iowa and it stayed in the back of the truck about 3 weeks and 4,000 miles. Covered in snow! LOL

I did Metzler's on mine same thing they looked good but they were really old. Better safe then sorry!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts