Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else havign trouble getting their 08 CDX?

I ordered my last month ay Rossmeyer in Sunrise FL and was told it would be at the dealer at the beginning of the month. Today I'm told they don't know when it's coming in. HD has cut production on Vrods and all HDs.

Anyone else hear the same?

·
Registered
848 Posts
YEP!!! Heard the same thing...

Went in Saturday to place an order for my 08 with ABS and was told we could not place a special order. All of the allocations that we could have customized were canceled for October, November, and December. They don't know what the allocations are yet for after the first of the year.

·
Never too late!
74 Posts
I ordered my 08 DX in July just after the 08's were announced and my dealer got the allocation during the last week of August. When I ordered, it was the second of four DX allocations the dealer expected for the year. The first was pre-configured by the MoCo in Denim with orange stripes, but came in as a Denim with Vivid Black stripes like the 07s. I've been told to expect a mid-November delivery for a Vivid Black with Pewter stripes, ABS, and security. As long as it comes in, I'm happy. Just wish hadn't sold the Dyna so fast in August.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Rossmeyer had an '08 DX (Vivid Black w/ Orange, Denim and Orange is not a valid color combo) in Daytona last weekend, they sold it Sunday morning for a lot more than MSRP from the the sales manager told me. What price did they quote you on the order? That may be an indicator as to why that bike went to Daytona and not Sunrise.......

BTW, allocations have been deleted from the system but not necessarily from production. No one knows what the real impact to bike deliveries will be. I'm told they will know more next week.

When a dealer says, "we aren't getting any more for the rest of the year" that's your signal to grab your wallet...... Harley is cutting back production because there are a glut of motorcycles already in the pipeline, not because they want to prevent dealers from selling them OR because they want to drive up the price. They get the same for a bike whether it ends up sitting in a warehouse or has a 10 person waiting list.

·
(Peter)
489 Posts
E=rbarr]Is anyone else havign trouble getting their 08 CDX?

I ordered my last month ay Rossmeyer in Sunrise FL and was told it would be at the dealer at the beginning of the month. Today I'm told they don't know when it's coming in. HD has cut production on Vrods and all HDs.

Anyone else hear the same?[/QUOTE]

I went to Rossmeyer's Pompano location as much as I hate giving that guy my money, but I needed a luggae rack for my trip to the Keys this month.
They didn't have a single V-Rod in the shop new or used, and they never ever have any parts in stock.

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
rbarr said:

I put a deposit on an 08 DX on the 10th of July just after they were posted on the Harley website. First I was told that the bike would ship on the 31st of July. Then I was told that it would ship a few days later, it was shipped on the 7th of August. What I didn't know until I went to the dealership on the 17th of August (at which point I was frustrated enough to consider cancelling the order) is that Harley ships all of their bikes from where ever they are produced to York, Pa. That is their distribution center so my bike went from Kansas City, Mo. to York Pa. to Camarillo Ca. A round trip of about 4500 miles. I finally got it on the 17th of August (it arrived late on the 16th). I haven't heard of any slow down in the production of the bikes but I will talk to the sales manager at the local dealership tommorrow and see if she's heard anything. She did tell me that the moco asked her if she wanted to give up the V-rod demo bike that they were supposed to ship her and she said no. Good luck getting yours.

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
last weekend I walked into my local dealership where they just so happened to be recieving my soon to be '08 DX vivid/pewter, security but no ABS...the week before they unloaded a black and orange set up the same way. Another dealership in Framingham also has a vivid/orange they're asking $17,300 w/security sys. but no ABS....THAT one's been there almost 3 weeks!!! I went in every friday's pay day and sat on it waiting for enough to put down.....probably STILL there. No apparent bike shortage around here......only a shortage of intellige...er...interested buyers....

·
Registered
683 Posts
dubai has no bikes from any family from the 08 s

you are all one step ahead of us....

(but they've still got some '06 on the floor !!!!!)

·
Registered
72 Posts
rbarr, I got mine at Pompano Harley call and speak to MARSLEO , not sure on his name spelling just call ,they will know who you mean, tell him R KLEIN bought an 07 night rod from him , he is a great guy to work with, hope this help's you .

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
rbarr said:
My contract is for $18,750 plus security sys ($350), plus abs ($750) plus TTT.
OUCH! Nothing like a quick $1500 markup. Does that include dealer prep? Rossmeyer usually adds that plus TTT.

From what I hear you may be out past November getting an ABS VRSC if it wasn't built last month. Also, your dealer can call up their orders on Harley Net and tell you EXACTLY when your bike is scheduled to ship. When they say they don't know it means they aren't willing to look OR they haven't assigned one of their allocation bikes to you and just going to wait until one shows up in your color combo. Expect a call saying, "your bike showed up but without ABS, do you still want it"? That's your clue that you don't really have a dedicated order, just a place in line.

·
Registered
848 Posts
NAHH!!!!!

I am still waiting for an 08 with ABS.... ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
rbarr said:

It's the damn economy, Harley is just being themselves...... dirty little money grubbers :soapbox: They don't want to much overhead.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
BRUTUS32 said:
It's the damn economy, Harley is just being themselves...... dirty little money grubbers :soapbox: They don't want to much overhead.
It's not Harley corporate it's the economy in general. The reality is there is a glut of unsold allocation bikes either on dealers lots or in the pipeline. Since the percentage of V-Rod vs. all the other bikes is low it makes it look like there aren't any available but trust me, this was brought on because of the stock glut, not because they want to raise prices.

Remember, Harley gets the same of a bike whether it's presold or sitting in a dealers inventory. When there is a shortage and the dealers mark up bikes that's all on the dealers and has nothing to do with Harley.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
rbarr said:
just cancelled my order....

I'M DONE WITH HD
Don't bail on the V-Rod just because of one dealer. The ABS thing isn't going to get sorted out until after November but if you can find a sympathetic dealer you may be able to get them to search for one. Just make sure they search for VRSCDXA, that will weed out the non-abs bikes.

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
rbarr said:
My contract is for $18,750 plus security sys ($350), plus abs ($750) plus TTT.
I talked to a salesman at the dealership and was told that Harley has announced that they are cutting back production probably in anticipation of winter when they probably don't sell all that many bikes. I have heard that the abs V-rods won't be delivered until December.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts