Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had my dx for 2 years running topless etc.. with VH comp exhaust so used to all the noise's it makes but the last couple of rides , just after cold start up and ran it say 800 meters stopped at lights , it has a random knocking noise ?

this knock is not in time with revs but "random" once hot goes away , today did it and i could swear it was coming from the clutch basket ? but hard to tell with the VH comp right by it ?

as i say random once on warm up , on side stand can't get it to do it ?

anyone have this or know what it could be ?

ran it today hard no problems with clutch or motor at all !

(you just know when a "new noise" appears)

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
check your belt tension. had my swingarm pivolt bolt replaced by dealer...they did something wrong when they put it back together. got a clacking noise at all speeds but then went away, not constant. thought maybe it might be the tranz. removed all guards (front pulley also) sure enough there were belt marks & wear marks on the guards. ran it without the guards, so far no noise.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Belt ok only ever heard it while stopped at traffic light with clutch pulled in just after start up
Ok when moving tried hear it on start up and when warm cluth in and out and can't get it to do it agin like a say its random ?
Could not even replicate it for the dealer ! But heard it 3 times now ? But never heard it in 2 years ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.