Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week I had go to the local dealership to get some new exhaust gaskets. I try not to go in there often unless they have free food or some sort of giveaway.

More often than not anytime I need a part for my Vrod I have to teach them something or set them strait on misinformation. If I dont give them the exact part number it leads to lots of blank stares as they turn the parts catalog pages. They told me a 7" Day Maker will fit right into my bezel and plug-in...:stilpoke:

This is the same dealership I told I was looking to buy a Vrod and the salesman looked at me and said, "they dont make those anymore" and walked off to talk to another customer. 5 days later I rode back in with my newly acquired Vrod from a dealership 4 hours away and ordered parts for it. The salesman just looked at me with that "um what???" look.

Fast forward to today and I pick up my gaskets and see this (see picture)

Not sure if its a behind the counter insider smack talking nickname or if its a term of endearment....But Im officially promoted to the Rank of V-Rod Guy at Harley Davidson of Mason City Iowa.

Props and thanks to all of you who have bestowed upon me the knowledge and lessons that allowed me to earn this title. :)

Attachments

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
They're on to you V Rod Guy:hidesbeh: I'd be wary of any hot dogs in future:barf:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wow...I was just through Mason City on a trip up to Minnesota and I was going to stop at that HD shop, seeing they have billboards advertising over 200 bikes on sale in their dealership. It was a Sunday so they were closed so I kept riding on by. Glad I didn't stop! Strike them off my list!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.