Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the proud new owner of an 09 Vivid Black. It's the first Harley, first Vrod, hell, the first motorcycle I've had in 25 years. It's great because everyone that sees it doesn't know what it is. It's just like my Ford Raptor...rare and exotic looking.

However, the dealership lost the owners manual and had to order it. I am curious about a couple of things if someone could help me out.

Does the ignition switch have to be locked to prevent someone from turning on the lights if the alarm fob is not present? If so, this does not make any sense because if you forgot to lock it, someone could flip the switch and drain your battery.

What is the range of the fob?

Are the radiator fans really loud on your bikes?

What is the approximate cost of the 1000 mile service at the dealer?

Are there any better foot pegs or boards for the passenger? My wife and daughter keep putting their feet on the exhaust.

Appreciate any help.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm the proud new owner of an 09 Vivid Black. It's the first Harley, first Vrod, hell, the first motorcycle I've had in 25 years. It's great because everyone that sees it doesn't know what it is. It's just like my Ford Raptor...rare and exotic looking.

However, the dealership lost the owners manual and had to order it. I am curious about a couple of things if someone could help me out.

Does the ignition switch have to be locked to prevent someone from turning on the lights if the alarm fob is not present? If so, this does not make any sense because if you forgot to lock it, someone could flip the switch and drain your battery.

What is the range of the fob?

Are the radiator fans really loud on your bikes?

What is the approximate cost of the 1000 mile service at the dealer?

Are there any better foot pegs or boards for the passenger? My wife and daughter keep putting their feet on the exhaust.

Appreciate any help.
Lots of questions all could be answered by looking around forum but welcome and since you are new here ya go on some of them.

Keep bike locked when parked if your worried about someone messing with it.

Fob Range... Check your manual.

Dealer Cost varies between dealerships I think my dealer is 299.00 for the 1000 mile.

Radiator not too loud and doesn't stay on that long.

You can check the harley website and look at accessories and you will see all kinds of different pegs available through HD and aftermarket as well... If you wife or daughter scuff your exhaust 0000 steel wool cleans it right off. You should check out sissy bar if your interested in having a passanger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts