Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to pick up my new Muscle today.
The more I ride this bike the more i like it.
Just a couple of pics from day 1 with the salesman handing over and explaining a few things to me.

Could do with some risers but I wouldn't want to change to different bars.
Is there any way of doing it?

Attachments

·
Dean
775 Posts
I like the Muscle in white! I have not seen the license plate setup before on a Muscle.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks
That numberplate setup is required to suit Australian Design Rules
I think it's something to do with coverage of the rear wheel to 45 degrees.
Side mounted plates aren't legal here i think

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice bike. Number of us have raised the stock bars with spacers. I raised mine 1/2" that way and altho its not much I can feel a real improvement in the ergonomics. Also I can still use the detatchable windshield w/o modifications. Others have raised their bars up to one and a half inches w/o apparent problems. There will be a gap between the headlight nacelle and bars (youll be able to see the handlebar wires). If someone would market an aluminum riser for it I think they could sell a few. Ther are several threads on this already so I know its a common complaint.

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
0.o

Are those different tires from the factory? What are they? Congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
0.o

Are those different tires from the factory? What are they? Congrats on the new ride.
They're Michelins branded Harley Davidson on the tyre wall and with the Harley symbol embossed on the chicken strips.
Do you not get those?

Also Reading the manual it seems Aussie front pulley is 30 compared to your 28....does that sound right?

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
They're Michelins branded Harley Davidson on the tyre wall and with the Harley symbol embossed on the chicken strips.
Do you not get those?

Also Reading the manual it seems Aussie front pulley is 30 compared to your 28....does that sound right?
Correct on the pulley, but I had no idea they went to Michelin from Dunlop Elite 3. How's the ride?

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Congrats, over here in the states the white has blue flakes in it. Dont notice the mtill the sun hits them,,, i decided to go black, blacks pretty plain tho so may get something done this winter. can you tell I'm undecided, lol

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats, over here in the states the white has blue flakes in it. Dont notice the mtill the sun hits them,,, i decided to go black, blacks pretty plain tho so may get something done this winter. can you tell I'm undecided, lol
The white here is the same
Wonder why the changed tyres for export?

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
The white here is the same
Wonder why the changed tyres for export?
maybe because the tires are dot approved which may not come into play for you all or you guys have your own way to get tires approved?

·
Upstate Muscle
18 Posts
My 2011 i picked up in September has Michelin Scorchers on it. They have the Harley symbol just like the one pictured.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
My 2011 i picked up in September has Michelin Scorchers on it. They have the Harley symbol just like the one pictured.
mine also, and I have done some pretty aggressive riding with a group of bmw r-1000, aprilia, ducati riders and the michelins rock!
nice muscle!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts