Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after quite the headache over extended cables and almost no free time to work on her, I finally finished my winter mods.

New mods include:

• Bad-VR Rifle Roadster Fairing
• 10" Lick's Z-Bars (internally wired)
• Lick's Mirror
• Painted Tins (lost the stripes)
• Black HD hand levers
• Radiantz Forkerz LED front signals
• Radiantz 240 LED rear signals
• custom license plate mount
• Superchicken custom derby cover
• Sportster gators (make shift boots)

I wanted to do new wheels too, but those have to wait a little while.

Love it or hate it, I wanted a taller, more comfortable bar setup because the stock drags were killing me on long rides. I THINK V-RODS LOOK BEST WITH DRAG BARS!!!! I just needed the change to function over form... I also wanted to cover the bars with a fairing as I'm not really a fan of "apes on a V", so to speak. I think the fairing/bar combo works, although I would have ideally liked the fairing to come up higher than the bars themselves, but I'm still happy with the results. WARNING: the look is not for everyone!!!!!

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics. :hmm:

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Congrat's, just in time for the summer runs!
Never saw Ape Z-bars before. Different.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Not a fan of apes on anything else but a chopper but this looks 'styled'. good compromise to me.

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Looks sweet!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
great choice on bars , gotta be comfortable ..... love the indicators too

·
'08 Night Rod Rhino
185 Posts
Looks awesome! Congrats on getting her finished.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
2012 NRS Vivid Black
663 Posts
Rockin the "Son's of Anarchy" look................

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
Looks good...on the fence with the bars...curious how the riding position is. Can you post a picture with you on it grabbing the bars?

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rockin the "Son's of Anarchy" look................
I prefer the Cali "outlaw" style... That was popular long before that show came on the air. ;)

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks good...on the fence with the bars...curious how the riding position is. Can you post a picture with you on it grabbing the bars?
Don't have any pics of me on the bike but I'll tryn get some posted up. Bike is at my house but I'm staying with the g/f for the time being. My hands are slightly below shoulder height, by maybe an inch? It's super comfortable. We gotta meet up so you can see in person...

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Defender of Freedom
716 Posts
I've always been adamantly outspoken against apes on a NRS, but.............. :hidesbeh: I have to say I think it looks good man. It flows well. Great use of your off time in the winter! What headlight mounting system are you using? I'm considering (when I get back from A-stan) raising my fairing/headlight so the grips are inline with the cutouts on my Bob Dron fairing. (I'm OCD about aesthetics and lines on the bike, but didn't have time to address it before I left). I've been looking for another headlight mounting block that would allow me to raise the headlight about 1-1/2" to 1-3/4". It's either that or I'm going full batwing fairing!

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
I prefer the Cali "outlaw" style... That was popular long before that show came on the air. ;)

Sometimes people toss silly comments around trying to sound "cool" or "old school"...and fail trying. They also fail to realize motorcycles and cycle customizing have been around for DECADES from the purchase of their own bike and that the custom bike world has comes full circle every few years and goes back around for another lap of success from yesterday. As for Sons of Anarchy, he probably is just mad because he tried to watch it in the middle of season 3 or something. :stilpoke: I like the show and their bikes and am completely comfortable in my TV show choices without feeling like I have a tiny willy for liking a good show. ;) :D Had a Sportster with the tall T-Bars in the late 90's/early 2000's.

As for your bike, I LOVE the Lick's bars on the DX. Only complaint is the ferring hides them too much as I like the look of mini apes on V-Rod's when done right like yours. The boots look great too. Overall, I really like your bike. You got looks and "all day" comfort going on there. That is hard to achieve the right balance on these bikes, but you hit it. :notworth:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I wanna hear some details on the install of the license plate holder/turnsignals. :)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 20 of 61 Posts