Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new set of custom mirrors. I've found a couple that I like and was wondering if anyone has experience with them. First, I like the Arlen Ness Four Points but i'm not sure how they'll look on the vrod. Second, I saw the "Warlock 2" by Six Killer but cannot find anywhere else to buy them other then tejas thump cycles. Does anyone know where else I can find these? Attached is a picture. Any opinions are welcomed. Thanks.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
You can find them on Ebay.Just search Harley mirrors.

·
Registered
203 Posts
They are six killers because you won't be able to see anything in your six o'clock position.

I'm sure they will offer very reduced viewing. I had some similar on my WG and ditched them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
those are nice looking mirrors but the stems are pretty short so you wont see much behind you.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
those second ones are pretty cool!!! they are almost like the ones I've got. you can see mine in my gallery :thumb:

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
I have been seriously thinking of the warlockII as well... I have even added them to cart several times..LOL

I just dont want to take a chance of the stalk for the mirror being HUGE!

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
it looks like both of those are very short, I guess if you don't mind not seeing directly behind you it's not a problem. I got lucky with finding the ones I've got, the stems are longer than others I was looking at and I can actually see behind me :thumb:

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
lakedrunk said:
it looks like both of those are very short, I guess if you don't mind not seeing directly behind you it's not a problem. I got lucky with finding the ones I've got, the stems are longer than others I was looking at and I can actually see behind me :thumb:
yeah I havent run mirrors in years so seeing with them isnt an issue. I turn around no matter what.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The specs say that the stem on these is 6in long. Also, the mirror is 6.25 x 2 (i'm assuming at it's peak). How does this compare to most? What's considered a "good" length?

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
The Warlock 2 are clones of Paul Yaffe mirrors. I had the Yaffes on my bike and they're one of the best looking mirror designs I had ever seen but were totally useless. I had a great view of my forearms but the worst part is that the bottom point was very close to my knuckles. It made it very interesting when I tried to grab the levers. It was even worse when wearing gloves. If you want to try short stem mirrors, Joker machine sells adapters the are nothing more than steel sleeves that replace the lever pivot pins. This allows you to mount the mirrors at the pivot point which kicks the mirrors out another inch or so.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
i think I am gonna just do the PM mirrors... they have a 4.5" stalk... the low mirror blends soo much better

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
yeah I havent run mirrors in years so seeing with them isnt an issue. I turn around no matter what.
:them:

Mirrors are useless on a motorcycle. If you trust your mirrors to see behind you, then you're a moron. I have them on, ONLY because it's the law.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Mr. Bell said:
:them:

Mirrors are useless on a motorcycle. If you trust your mirrors to see behind you, then you're a moron. I have them on, ONLY because it's the law.
thats what I try and tell people when they give me hell about not running them

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
A guy I know has mirrors on his bike and he has gotten hit not once, but twice sitting at an intersection. Two different occasions, BTW. If someone is going to mow you down, the mirrors only give you time to flinch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts