Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Black Beauty Rider
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say 'hey' to everyone and introduce myself. My name is Fred and I'm 55 years old and have a new '04 VRSCB V-Rod in BLACK, a '03 FLHRCI Road King Classic in Silver and Black and my pride and joy a '54 HydraGlide in Champion Yellow. I love my V-Rod. Quickest bike I've ever owned. I hope the quality holds up as well as my Road King. My last trip was to Charleston, S.C. last May on the King. It was so beautiful. So beautiful, I rode non-stop except for gas and bathroom breaks coming home. 12 hours and 19 minutes. Going through the mountains of Virginia and West Virginia during sunset was downright magical!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading and participating in various threads now that winter is about here.
Later ..............

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome oldhd, glad you found the site. You may be our first 04 owner.

Max

·
Black Beauty Rider
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Max,
It's a wonderful machine especially all black. I get alot of comments that are all favorable. My riding buddies are all diehard Harley guys in their 50s and 60s and they do look at the V-Rod in black as the first good looking V-Rod they've seen.
It has a stage I kit with V-Mod mufflers and does 107.9 hp on the Dyno. What a fun ride ...............
Fred

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Welcome! As an ex-ohio boy I understand the winter thingy. Glad to see someone else here nearly as old as I (58). We have one older member, I believe, but we are as young as we feel. If you are taking the V on long trips, the Sundowner seat is a great investment. And if you go for a windshield (as us old farts are wont to do), look at our threads on the subject re: Memphis Shades Lowers.

·
Black Beauty Rider
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Daniii,
I have the touring HD windshield mounted at the highest position. I'm too old and crabby to put up with bugs, stones and the like. I now have a terrible updraft that blows my beard stright out. Will the Memphis Shades lowers solve this problem? I can always remove the windshield and wear a full face helmet I guess. I don't like that idea though .............
Fred

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
The shades completely solve the problem. Both V-Fred (somewhere up in the NW) and I have them installed. And yes, you have to have the shield all the way up! I have pics posted here somewhere. You can get them from V-Mod.com.

·
Black Beauty Rider
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Daniii,
I'll look up your pics and thanks for the info tip. I'll give them a try.
Fred

·
Black Beauty Rider
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Daniii,
I saw the pictures of your V-Rod with the lowers. It looks great. The lowers are unobtrusive, like they are suppose to be there. Are they 'clear' or 'solar' to match your HD touring windshield?
Fred

·
Custom VRSCAWT
313 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The folks here, excluding myself, truly have a wealth of knowledge. I have learned so much already just following their discussions.

--Darin :cheers:

·
Black Beauty Rider
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome Darin.

I was finally able to post 3 photos of my black '04 VRSCB. They came out great. I hope they give everyone an idea of what V-Rods can look like besides 'metal'. Eurorod looks good with the red wheels. I'd like to powder coat mine in black except for the rim edges. I just love the 'dark' look.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Pics look good, glad to see you enjoying the ride and good to see members posting pics of their rides.

Max

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
OldHd: Mine are clear. I thought about some other color, but opted for near invisible. The touring shield is "solar"? Mine looks clear to me. The lowers do work, however, and I agree, they look fine. I have them angled back till they just touch the engine guard at full turn.

BTW - welcome aboard.

Dan

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Hey guys,

Juan here from Ft. Lauderdale. I bought my 2004 "A" model 2 weeks ago and I'm having a blast with it. Awaiting Eurocomponents wide rear conversion kit, new mirrors and signal relocators.

Will post pics later. Nice to know you all!!!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
ErVikingo that sounds sweet, we are now getting several members with 04's. Welcome aboard.

Max

·
Black Beauty Rider
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome Juan. Lots of good people and good information. Enjoy!

Later ................

1 - 17 of 17 Posts