Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my local dealer today to look into buying a new Fat Bob. I walk into the showroom and there sits a new 08 Night Rod Spl. It drew me in like a magnet. I bought it on the spot, its black denum with the gloss black stripes.
We have a storm blowing in so I only got to ride it home (27 miles).
I can already tell that me and forward controls wont get along, I will look into some mids soon. Ill post some pics soon. Hope to learn all I can here.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
That Vrod got you hook, line and sinker... Reeled you in without a fight :)

Same thing happened to me too ;)

Welcome to the forum!!! :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!

·
Cruzin the Dark Side
320 Posts
The Dx's do that to lots of people. I went to my dealer to put money on an Ultra Geezer Glide.... Congrats. BTW, unless you are short, give the forward controls a chance for awhile. Once you are used to them you might actually prefer them.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
awesome!...WELCOME to the Sinister club!

Dan

·
Registered
48 Posts
The DX in my local dealership spoke to me also.... I had to listen. It wanted to come home with me...... At least that's what I told the wife.

Welcome!

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
:vrodforu: :dance:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Congratulations! A great choice!

V-Rod is the only Harley product I would consider, although I must admit in my youth I did lust for Sportster.

I agree with another poster here, to give the front contols a little time. I too have have a sport bike in my stable, but I actually enjoy the total change of seat height AND front controls. It is a very different ride. I am 5' 9" and have the stock bars and controls.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
scotman623 said:
Went into dealer to order the new Rocker C, Came home with a 08 NRS........

scotman.....

funny story,I also fell into the ROCKER C Hype!!....I actually went in to order a new Vrod back in july,and saw the rocker c on the internet....and damn if I didnt change my mind and order the rocker!...

well,after them pushing back the production date from sept,to oct,to nov...to Jan...and who knows now!.....i got alittle mad they had my 5 grand and I had no ride!

they then had a DX there for DEMO....and after that ride,i was hooked!...no way in hell i could ride a aircooled now!....the DX sucked me in so fast after that ride,i couldnt get one fast enough!...

rest is history!...

welcome to the sinister club!

Dan

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im glad im not the only one that got led astray by the DX (although im glad I was). Needless to say I had a long sleepless night last night, and I couldnt help but make a few trips into the garage.

·
BISHOP11c
244 Posts
Welcome, great choice. I would give the forward controls some time before you decide. Some found that changing out the drag bars made a better fit. I myself will have to go to stretched controls. Just read the Forum, so many ideas, so little $$$.

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
whylee said:
Im glad im not the only one that got led astray by the DX (although im glad I was). Needless to say I had a long sleepless night last night, and I couldnt help but make a few trips into the garage.
I was up late just staring at that beautiful thing in the garage. Walking around, stalking it, talking to it, coddling it... ummm I will stop there. :blahblah:

Anyways, when I was first 'researching' what bike I could see myself on, I saw the the 07 DX on the HD website a few months back. I wanted to ride that thing really bad. No other bike on the list attracted my attention as bad as that. When I first saw one at the dealership (an 08 DX with mirage orange) I knew that is the type of bike Im gonna get. I was tempted to take home an 07 A in August but kept delaying it and finally asked if they had a DX. They did. It was parked in the storage garage for demo in Sept. Thank goodness I waited and asked cause I would have been unhappy. I now own an 08 DX w/ pewter stripes.

BTW, gratz and welcome and enjoy the dark ride.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts