Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldnt help but revive this old thread as it was very befitting of the reason for my first post here:spank:

I am now the proud new owner of a 05 V-rod screaming eagle. Like the thread starter, I had 0 experience on a motorcycle and can scarcely remember riding on the back of my baseball coaches sportbike back in 1989. I did have a day or two's worth of experience riding dirt bikes with friends in high school so I at least had an understanding of how to work the clutch and shift gears.

Anyway, I have always wanted a nice cruiser motorcycle but could never quite fit it in life's plans. I am in the National Guard and found out i will be deploying at the end of the year so that ended up being my perfect excuse to pull the trigger. The wife and I wanted to consolidate to one car while im away but I would still need transportation for the rest of the year. Buying a bike fit in that plan perfectly.

I knew very little about motorcycles but bumped into the Vrod on craiglist while browsing bikes a few months back. Since then I have been researching and drooling over any info I can find on them. Just to kill time on my day off last week, I went down to a local dealership just to size myself against different bikes. I figured i might as well start getting an idea of what i want and while my wifes car is up for sale. I saw a Vrod sitting there and was totally enamored by it. They sniffed out my impulsiveness combined with good credit right away. They ended up offering me to trade her Civic SI hatch for the Vrod with a payment of half what i was paying on her civic. I couldnt resist saving all that money and getting what i wanted so I pulled the trigger. They had to trailer it home for me since I didnt know how to ride. I got my permit at the MVD the next morning and my Army buddy came over to teach me how to ride. I drive a lot of awkward and powerful machines between the Army and my civilian job with the utility company. Its power is a lot to control but i figured I could handle it with some training. Ive since taken the motorcycle safety course and the Vrod is my daily driver. I love it like a son and I cant wait to start modding.

Thanks for havin me on your forum. I used to belong to an Acura forum for my previous car and had about 5,000 posts there. I love forum communities and look forward to getting to know some members here.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I may be reading between the lines and anyway congrats on the new bike. But what I am picking up from reading the OP is that he bought a black and orange CVO from the dealer, my guess is that he came home with a new CVO Softtail Convertible. some pics please. just a hunch

·
Registered abUser
299 Posts
Welcome. I did something similar, went into dealer to waste time, was enamoured, decided I wanted it, took a safety course, and before I finished the course bought and had the bike delivered to my home. Now I use every excuse that I can to be on it when the wife/life permits.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I may be reading between the lines and anyway congrats on the new bike. But what I am picking up from reading the OP is that he bought a black and orange CVO from the dealer, my guess is that he came home with a new CVO Softtail Convertible. some pics please. just a hunch
No, it was a v-rod. I went back and read another of his posts in 08 where he was selling it and had a pic.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck when you get deployed at the end of the year!

·
LOS ANGELES
1,755 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome, my very own thread now. :)

The Vrod has been turning heads everywhere I go but but now im getting some double takes with a rattle that has developed somewhere down low by the radiator. It rattles pretty bad when I rev the engine but seems to either go away or drown out when im at cruising speed. I havent been able to investigate because I just happened yesterday. Hopefully its just a loose bolt or something.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,755 Posts
That could be your lower heat shield rattling. Check for loose screws.

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
Welcome and Thanks for serving ! Enjoy the Bike and be Safe and Smile every mile down the Road.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts