Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. This is my first ever effort to join any forum. Am not familiar with most of the forum stuff I see on my screen, so I have a long way to go. Have been riding since '72. Have approx 40K/50K on five prevoius bikes, all various Japanese models. Most recent was '87 Vulcan 1500. Ordered my first ever new bike & first ever Harley as soon as V-Rods became available in August of '01, & picked it up from Monadnock Motors/Keene NH just before Xmas '01. I love this high tech Harley! Have purchased many comfort & chrome options. Rode only 2100 miles last year & 2300 this year. Want to put on a lot more miles! Had my wife on the back for 900 miles this year in only 4 trips. She falls asleep on the back. We crossed paths with two moose & she missed it. Hope this gets me started with you people.

·
Todd
482 Posts
:cheers:
Welcome to the site. I am also new to chats and forum but man do they have great people and info here.

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Welcome, very friendly people here:thumb :thumb

·
Registered
696 Posts
Welcome Aboard Allen.

My son (9) has a habit of getting sleepy if we ride far. I try to keep the rides on the shot side, hate to loose the little guy!

David

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Falls asleep? Obviously you have changed the stock seat!:D And people say the v rod isn't a tourer! She would probably slip into a coma on an ultra classic hey?:)

Welcome aboard Allen. The blokes and ladies on this forum are the creme de la creme of the v rod community if you ask me, and I have cruised and watched all the major forums over the last 6 or 8 months (maybe with the exception of much time on the Yahoo one - keep forgetting my yahoo log in, got several, now it gets confused because they all have the same email address!). You will love it here.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Allen Lake welcome to the forum, you will find most everyone here very helpful. Feel free to ask any questions you have and spend a little time just looking around.

Max

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Hi Allen and welcome! Great that you found us and are joining in.

I, too, am amazed your wife can fall asleep back there. Seriously, tell us what you've done to make it comfortable for her!

We really like pictures here, so if you have any digital photos of your bike (or anything else) to upload and want some help doing it, please let us know!

Val

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome Allen,

My wife used to fall asleep on the back of our Electra Glide several years ago. But now she rides her own Harley, she wont even ride 2 up with me anymore. Hmmnn, should I be reading into anything here??

Say Allen, I have an old friend who lives in Keene, Gary Tochterman. I grew up in the same neighborhood in the Panama Canal Zone in the mid '60's. Do you know him??

Bob Wilcox in Albuquerque

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone. See full responses in my new message "2nd thread". Next time I'll reply here instead of a new thread.

·
Registered
984 Posts
:welcome: A littel throttel might be the solution to the sleeping thing. Sure you will find great info and great people here.

:biker:

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey redbud: Even a lot of throttle doesn't do it. I think she is tired of looking at the back of my helmet. I added SE slip ons & love the new sound. I can hear it now but it is not too loud either. After dealer installation of the slip ons, filter & down load my mileage improved about 5% to 49MPG. Almost all highway miles & often two up. Better mileage than I expected, but still has short range with the small tank.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry Val, no trades. Yeah I'm happy about 49MPG. Also surprised that it doesn't change much when I drive solo & harder (no sleepy passengers). How bad is your mileage? Did you change pipes & notice improved mileage? I wonder if going topless may improve it more, along with HP?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts