Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. Just wanted to introduce myself from Sunny South Florida. I currently own a 09 Kawasaki C14 and a 07 Yamaha R6s. I found a 08 Night Rod with 9400 miles on and they are asking $10,500 for it. Will be taking in both bikes and looking to trade both bikes even up. Love the black out Night Rods but I don't know much about them. Any info or insights would be appreciated. Hope to come home with the new bike on Monday and will start doing some heavy research and hopefully learn my new bike.

Thanks!

G

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have fun here,
Always Ride like everyone is trying to KILL you. Why? because they are...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Rick! Will find out if this is going to happen tomorrow so wish me luck! Any suggestion on first mod? =)

Peace

G

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I would sell the two bikes privately. Great choice in a replacement though:thumb:

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your pick and give it a test drive to get the real feel of it !

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually the dealer im dealing with is a Jap Bike dealer and they have had the Night Rod sitting on the floor now for 2 months. They would much rather sell my bikes instead of the HD but we shall see. Salesman mentioned he dosen't care if he makes a penny on the Night Rod since no one shops for a HD at a jap bike dealer. I tried selling both bikes privately but its hard to sell toys these days the way the economy is. Hope everything works out. Wish me luck!

Peace

G

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got back from dropping of my bikes at the dealer and looks like we are 50% done deal. Even trade with no money exchange!!! Now will go see the Night Rod on Monday and if I like it, I will be a proud owner of my first HD. The Night Rod is currently at the HD Dealer getting serviced and inspection test.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
10.5 is a pretty good price for an 08 with 10k miles. it's not the best deal i've ever seen, but it's right within reasonable. if you got him down under or at 10k, you're doing good.

for comparison, i just bought an 08 DX for 12K, but it has 1k miles and an extended warranty for another 4 years

go look on ebay at the ones that have actually sold, for more comparison.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts