Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have been doing a lot of reading on this site for about a month now and decided that I should introduce myself. I am a soon to be V-Rod owner. I currently am riding a Honda Shadow (first purchase after the MSF school) and looking to upgrade to a V-Rod DX. I am in the process of selling off one of my hot rods (1953 Ford F-100 frame off resto http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558388248HPTsIB ). The funds from that sale will be rolled over into the bike. I am undecided on wheter to buy a new 08 Dx or a used 07 one. I have visited several local dealers and am still undecided. Any personal opinions about buying new or used are greatly appreciated.

I look forward to spending more time here on the board.

Thanks in advance for your help with my future questions.

Chris
Sayreville, NJ

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
922 Posts
:vrodforu: :)

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
welcome and get an 08 bigger motor and abs option

·
OLD FART
1,639 Posts
It all depends on how much money you want to spend.V-rods drop thousands of dollars 1 ft. from the front door of the dealership.You can find a used one with not many miles for 3 to 5 thousand less.That would be alot of money for upgrades or maybe a turbo?.So you will have to make up your on mind if its worth buying the new one. By the way WELCOME to the forum and hope you enjoy it here as much as we do.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
:vrodforu:

I would get the 08 if it was my money. The larger motor and ABS option make it well worth it to me.

There are a few riders up your way. Look up Johnnyruggs. He is in Sayerville I believe. A bunch of us get together and ride often, so keep an eye out in the Rallies section for group rides.

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Jerry226 said:
It all depends on how much money you want to spend.V-rods drop thousands of dollars 1 ft. from the front door of the dealership.You can find a used one with not many miles for 3 to 5 thousand less.That would be alot of money for upgrades or maybe a turbo?.So you will have to make up your on mind if its worth buying the new one. By the way WELCOME to the forum and hope you enjoy it here as much as we do.
:them: & :vrodforu:

You will soon learn the value of the mod dollar...

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Welcome to the group Chris! There are several of us just a few miles down the road. Where do you ride & when?

I'm in the same boat you're in, so don't wait until you have the V to hook up. Nice choice in bike BTW!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Welcome! I like the 1250, but either is a fantastic bike!

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
dmac620 said:
Hello everyone. I have been doing a lot of reading on this site for about a month now and decided that I should introduce myself. I am a soon to be V-Rod owner. I currently am riding a Honda Shadow (first purchase after the MSF school) and looking to upgrade to a V-Rod DX. I am in the process of selling off one of my hot rods (1953 Ford F-100 frame off resto http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558388248HPTsIB ). The funds from that sale will be rolled over into the bike. I am undecided on wheter to buy a new 08 Dx or a used 07 one. I have visited several local dealers and am still undecided. Any personal opinions about buying new or used are greatly appreciated.

I look forward to spending more time here on the board.

Thanks in advance for your help with my future questions.

Chris
Sayreville, NJ
First of all :vrodforu: . Next, if I were you I'd go for the '08 DX, it has a 1250 cc engine, 240mm rear tire, slipper clutch and closed loop fuel injection. The ABS feature is an option that would have to be ordered through the dealer meaning it would probably take you longer to get your bike. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and again, Welcome.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts