Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to show some pics of the new Lydall Racing Composite rotors that I just received from [email protected] These are not the Swan rotors he had been waiting for (I will let him chime in on what happened there if he wants to :soapbox:) but are from Lyndall Racing Brakes instead. I hope to mount these soon but I do have to work this weekend so we shall see :hidesbeh:. Also these bolt solidly to the stock mounting points and then float on the carrier (mathcing hardware is not available yet but will be shortly :D). Enjoy the pics and I will add more to this thread once they are mounted and give a full review. Right now all I can say is that they are very high quality and light (exact weights between stock and these will be posted soon).

Thanks,
Bryan

Attachments

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Nice looking rotors and they are a bunch lighter than stock rotors... What calipers are you running with these hi performance rotors? The stock Brimbo's or something else?

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Just wanted to show some pics of the new Lydall Racing Composite rotors that I just received from [email protected] These are not the Swan rotors he had been waiting for (I will let him chime in on what happened there if he wants to :soapbox:) but are from Lyndall Racing Brakes instead. I hope to mount these soon but I do have to work this weekend so we shall see :hidesbeh:. Also these bolt solidly to the stock mounting points and then float on the carrier (mathcing hardware is not available yet but will be shortly :D). Enjoy the pics and I will add more to this thread once they are mounted and give a full review. Right now all I can say is that they are very high quality and light (exact weights between stock and these will be posted soon).

Thanks,
Bryan
Are you referring to the rotors that were "novelty" and/or the black wore off quickly?

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you referring to the rotors that were "novelty" and/or the black wore off quickly?
Nope. These were originally supposed to be produced by a company called Swan Composites. PatM has the only one I know of in existence. All other orders fell through. I've waited over 6 months for these rotors and was promised a ship date of early June and they never arrived. Lost a whole riding season on that bike waiting for these. Lesson learned.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Killah!

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
Nope. These were originally supposed to be produced by a company called Swan Composites. PatM has the only one I know of in existence.
I have a Swan's rotors up front and in back to.
Sharkey asked me some times back how they doing, these are the tits

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a Swan's rotors up front and in back to.
Sharkey asked me some times back how they doing, these are the tits
I guess you were very fortunate then :D I don't have anything good to say about Swan :banghead: Glad they are holding up well though :cheers:

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
until now with about 8000 miles and they're still as new

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
:boobs::cheers:

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
I may be selling mine,
I am thinking of trying out the Marzocchi RAC 50 upside down forks and those use radial brakes with 320mm discs.
Its only money

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Just put a set of these on my 2007 VRSCR and love them. I bought my bike used and the stock rotors were a little warped so I replaced them with the LRB Composite rotors. Not sure about the weight but they feel about half the weight of the stock rotors. After a few hundred miles these brakes feel awesome! More breaking power, more consistent feel, and lighter. If you are looking for top of the line brakes look no further:)

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Just put a set of these on my 2007 VRSCR and love them. I bought my bike used and the stock rotors were a little warped so I replaced them with the LRB Composite rotors. Not sure about the weight but they feel about half the weight of the stock rotors. After a few hundred miles these brakes feel awesome! More breaking power, more consistent feel, and lighter. If you are looking for top of the line brakes look no further:)

So these are from Lyndall right? Price, specs, Any links to their website?

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
PM me if (or call, since you have my # there Fagio).

If there's no forum vendors, I can call Paul and get you a price & hookup. I believe last time I checked - they were about $500 per with pads. ALL THREE rotors weigh as much as 1 HD boat anchor. Like all ceramic/composite setups, the first cold grab is a little weak - when they get warm (one grab) that are very linear in feel (not all ON or OFF).

The rotors with the lyndall pads barely dust, and my set with about 20K miles looks like the day I put them on.

I dunno how they spell GOOGLE in spanish you lazy fokker.

You have SEEN THESE IN PERSON on my bike. Lucky for me, Paul had the Red+ in Brembo fitment when I swapped in my Brem's.

You get an insurance settlement or something? You've been eyeballing some expensive stuff here lately.

Rick

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
:rofl: Sicko I'm just re-checking since I've found threads with all sorts of different versions of these rotors and Galfers, EBCs and whatever other fancy aftermarket ones, some of these threads are kind of old so I just want to check what's the actual status. For example I've found the corresponding Vrod EBC rotors all over the internet and ebay with all sorts of diffferent drill patterns and floating types and all sorta of different images. I know part numbers change in some cases but I just want to be certain by the time I reach a decision I get what I was expecting and not something different as is the case with our "boutique" bikes sometimes...

Personally I prefer the look of the Galfers, the smaller and less obtrusive the rotor the better for me, but of course performance and weight are more important and if the price is not "SickRick-ish" I might get interested in other options too whitout spending a fortune...

Damn two-wheeled money pits....does it ever stop? :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
It stops when you say it does (or when your wife cuts you off).

For me (at least on the brakes) it was Weight + Performance + Appearance.

Lots of folks will put butt-ugly stuff on their bike - for no other reason than that THEY LIKE how it looks (without regard to $$, weight or whether the thing actually ENHANCES their safety/performance).

When it comes to making a bike GO FASTER - one must consider being able to make it STOP FASTER (or at least in a controllable/safer fashion).

Lyndalls (or Swanns as the case may be - if Tom is producing any) - met all three criteria for me - which is why the few extra $$'s were inconsequential in my decision - when factored against the fact that they STOP BETTER, LOOK BETTER and WEIGHT LESS than anything else out there.

Rick

Attachments

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,633 Posts
:rofl: Sicko I'm just re-checking since I've found threads with all sorts of different versions of these rotors and Galfers, EBCs and whatever other fancy aftermarket ones, some of these threads are kind of old so I just want to check what's the actual status. For example I've found the corresponding Vrod EBC rotors all over the internet and ebay with all sorts of diffferent drill patterns and floating types and all sorta of different images. I know part numbers change in some cases but I just want to be certain by the time I reach a decision I get what I was expecting and not something different as is the case with our "boutique" bikes sometimes...

Personally I prefer the look of the Galfers, the smaller and less obtrusive the rotor the better for me, but of course performance and weight are more important and if the price is not "SickRick-ish" I might get interested in other options too whitout spending a fortune...

Damn two-wheeled money pits....does it ever stop? :banghead:
Just so you know: The reason you see such differnt stuff on the EBCs is due to use of stock photos rather than actual. They have changed some part numbers but the looks haven't changed much. The other thing is that the true floaters weren't available for quite a while after initial introduction, but I think they are becoming available again.

I have the EBCs for now but my next set will be composite.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts