Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone know about the new Harley davidson LED Headlamp. My dealer was trying tos ell me one today they are a LED Projected headlamp for the DX. being a HD parts of course its $400.00.... any one know much about them? the video on there website looks like its a vary bright headlamp... lokking for some imput?

·
Registered
196 Posts
500$ canadian....been thinking about it.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I know of two forum members that have installed this unit on their VRODs, and there's at least three threads on this topic as well.
LED headlights are not new, just new to HD. The LED unit will give you at least twice as much usable light output as stock and is very much comparable to HID headlights but require less power. Nothing better than projection lenses.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I want one of these since I ride to work in the mornings and it is dark. Better light is always a good thing.

·
Dean
775 Posts
I know of two forum members that have installed this unit on their VRODs, and there's at least three threads on this topic as well.
LED headlights are not new, just new to HD. The LED unit will give you at least twice as much usable light output as stock and is very much comparable to HID headlights but require less power. Nothing better than projection lenses.
Is HD's LED a projection lense?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Is HD's LED a projection lense?
Yes it does use projection lenses. Below is quoted from the HD website.
"Headlamps feature 2 horizontal "D" shaped lenses that focus light into a pool in front of the motorcycle, and separate high beam and low beam projector lenses that provide a focused beam of light in front."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts