Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pure Hooliganism
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to somehow configure the new HD LED headlamp made for the DX to fit the older style '03 A? I am not opposed to ditching the whole headlight and starting over. Have always wanted to get one of those billet headlamp shells. Wonder if it would fit inside that? Anybody know for sure? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Is it possible to somehow configure the new HD LED headlamp made for the DX to fit the older style '03 A? I am not opposed to ditching the whole headlight and starting over. Have always wanted to get one of those billet headlamp shells. Wonder if it would fit inside that? Anybody know for sure? Thanks!
Yes the 5-¾" version (73273-11) will work if you change to the '05 VRSCB or the VRSCD/DX headlight buckets. You will also need to change the wiring harness since the 2002 to 2004 models only have connectors for the H11/H9 bulbs. You could also use any aftermarket headlight buckets designed for either 5-¾" or 7" headlamps. A 7" housing would use the 73390-10 part. I attached a frame from the HD video that shows the 7" LED lamp with a wire lead and a standard 3-place headlamp connector.

Attachments

·
Pure Hooliganism
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stever! You are the man! Thanks for that very informative answer! Now I know! Thanks again and ride safe - looks like you have been around a long time here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts