Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
slave to the grind
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this yet? I saw it at the HD tent in Sturgis last week. HD has a new LED head light for the DX. I want to retro fit one to my '02. I'd like to know how hard ot would be to do so if anyone knows. Looks like they run about $400.

Attachments

·
The Big Bad Wolf
301 Posts
Damnit. -puts another item on his list of things to buy-

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
Looks pretty sweet...finally, something out of the box (At least harley's box).

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Only $400 for a couple LEDs, a plastic reflective housing and some kind of voltage or regulator?

Seems like it would put that item up around a 2,000% profit margin, doesn't it?

/Party poooooper, no?

·
Feeling lost
998 Posts
Very interesting looking...its amazing what can be done with LED's esp 5 watt and 10 watt units not to mention a little technology with lenses and projectors. I'm sure there will be a cheaper knock off version out shortly from China. Looks very much like a projector used on an R1/R6 and other rice rockets.
I'd like to get one and play with it just not worth $399.....give it time it will be under $200 before you know it.

·
slave to the grind
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's not standard. It's listed as an extra. That is what the sheet was for.

·
Registered
197 Posts
This would be awesome for the "a"s

·
Registered
422 Posts
I like it but it's pricey for a headlight. I'm lazy...anyone know the price of a stock headlight off the top of their heads to compare?

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Dammit. I knew I should have stayed away from here...

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,148 Posts
So this will put out more lumens (or whatever) of light than my stock 2009 light?

Phatass
Yeah, would be nice to know the equivalent lumens output. The lumens for a H9 (high-beam) is like 2100 and for the H11 low beam is like 1300. I run 2 H9s in my bike.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts