Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'd like to organize a ride the 2nd Saturday in October, the 13th, it would take us through the Watchung reservation, west on 46 to the Delaware Water Gap, up the River and then back down through High Point State Park. It should be beautiful with all of the changing leaves and such. Here is a link to the ride all mapped out and ready to go:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...9136&sspn=0.257464,0.462799&ie=UTF8&z=11&om=1

We won't be stopping at all of the yellow points, they are just there to keep me on route. I've been on this ride many times and its extremely beautiful and steers clear of highways for the most part. All are welcome to come and if anyone wants to stay over night there are several hotels (id put people up, but do not have much room). We could make a night of it get some dinner, etc. It will be nearly 200 miles total. Let me know who is interested and I'll take care of the rest. Oh and please send this to anyone else who might be interested. Thanks!

Lou

·
Official bike nut
1,099 Posts
louballs said:
Hey everyone,

I'd like to organize a ride the first Saturday in October, the 6th, it would take us through the Watchung reservation, west on 46 to the Delaware Water Gap, up the River and then back down through High Point State Park. It should be beautiful with all of the changing leaves and such. Here is a link to the ride all mapped out and ready to go:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...9136&sspn=0.257464,0.462799&ie=UTF8&z=11&om=1

We won't be stopping at all of the yellow points, they are just there to keep me on route. I've been on this ride many times and its extremely beautiful and steers clear of highways for the most part. All are welcome to come and if anyone wants to stay over night there are several hotels (id put people up, but do not have much room). We could make a night of it get some dinner, etc. It will be nearly 200 miles total. Let me know who is interested and I'll take care of the rest. Oh and please send this to anyone else who might be interested. Thanks!

Lou
Lou:
Saturdays are tough for me, as the date gets closer I can tell then. Sounds like a beautiful ride and country. I believe I was up there a few weeks back with my wife. (Heading to the place on rte 46, Cliff's Ice cream shop for the delicious Skyscraper cone! YUMMY)

Yarvis

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Let me know the date. I have a heavy October. I'm in Va the 1st week & both my daughter & my B-day are that month.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I'll have to let you know when we get a little closer. I may be busy that weekend, but I won't know until I get back from KC.

·
Hacker
126 Posts
louballs said:
well the date us semi flexible. tentatively its saturday the 6th, but if another date is best for everyone let me know
I will try to make it :) But I am also doing a ride 10/7 so it depends how I feel

·
'06 night rod
567 Posts
:mad: I have to work that entire weekend. I used up most of my time when the baby was born this year, or I'd burn some for this. Man, kids make riding tougher and tougher, Lou- enjoy your freedom while you can! Sorry I can't make it, if the date ends up changing shoot me a p.m. and hopefully I'll be off. I appreciate the invite and for those of you who haven't met this pumpkin head, he's a good guy and I'm sure you will have a great time.

-Brent

·
Hacker
126 Posts
louballs said:
Would the following saturday or even sunday suit everyone better? Nothing is engraved in stone so what works for the majority of people works for me too
I am pretty flexible as to a date. Plus I really dont know until a few days before anyway. :D

·
'06 night rod
567 Posts
I'm definitely in if you guys go the following saturday or sunday. Please let me know if it ends up changing!

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright it seems that most people have requested Saturday the 13th as the best day for them, so thats the day we're shooting for. Its a way off, but try to make it happen if you can. It should be great with the changing leaves and everything. Nothing like a bunch of guys, motorcycles, and beautiful scenery.......:hiding:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wow. This sounds like a lot of fun and convenient for me. Only issue for me is my wife is pregnant and due on the 16th. Don't know if I can do it then.

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Bring her along. It will be a great story to tell the kids years from now.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
louballs said:
Hey Mike seems like Saturday the 13th is the date we're shooting for. That sit ok with you??

And please let other members know that might interested or friends etc, the bigger the better i say.

I have a ride that my wifes company is doing on the 13th, so count me out for this one.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts