1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Damaged Goods.....
599 Posts
Egads... $654 for a helmet... wow. Look great though, but big price.

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
Those are a lot of stars. Looks cool. For some reason, reminds me of all the Evel Knievel stunt stuff I saw when I was a kid.

I have tried many different full sized helmets and my fat head only fit into a Shoei brand. I bought just a plain metallic silver one but the one I really wanted was this

rf1000_picotte3_tc5.jpg

Reason I didn't get it was the price (was almost $100 more). I love that evil jester look....

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Nice lid. But man is that a lot of lap dances.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
As I get older, I have come to realize that there is truth in the saying "if you got a fifty dollar head, put it in a fifty dollar helmet.":soapbox:

·
Jr. Lifetime Premium
357 Posts
For my big fat round head, Arai is the only way to go for a full face helmet. VERY NICE.

·
Proud R Pilot
372 Posts
Uncle Fester said:
As I get older, I have come to realize that there is truth in the saying "if you got a fifty dollar head, put it in a fifty dollar helmet.":soapbox:
Not true my fiend (pun intended), you need to check out Motorcyclist's real world helmet test, otherwise you will waste a ton of money and not be as safe as you could be! Startling results, and bullshit answers from the Snell Foundation, it's all a scam!

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/motorcycle_helmet_review/

$80.00 helmet provides the best protection in real world conditions!:hitfan:

Snell Foundation was not happy, but has never proved Motorcyclist wrong!

·
Registered
339 Posts
YES, do your research. Just because you pay $600 for a helmet, it doesn't mean you are getting any better protection.

Of course, the look is the most important part anyway, so the $600 is worth it.

Seriously, anyone wanting a new helmet, do some research before you spend a lot of money.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, I read MOST of that anyway.

Interesting reading at the least. I still think there is more to a helmet than just protection. There is comfort and style.

I want a low noise, high comfort helmet that will protect me. I wanted something with great venting and little to no fogging and something that didnt leave my head feeling like a grape after 6 hours.

Guess I will find out in a week.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When i saw the $600+ price tag an the Arai I said WTF??? who in their right mind would pay that $$$ ????

I tried it on and busted out the debit card.....the comfort level was off the charts for me with the Arai. Worth every penny......

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GreysonWinfield said:
Nice lid. But man is that a lot of lap dances.

depends on which stripper you have doing them could be 60 or 6

·
brett
9,338 Posts
i have an aria and it feels great and looks tops ,,,makes me feel seperate from the bearded burbler airheads,,,,lol,best 600 ive spent ,had two other brands before this and they didnt come close in the comfort stakes,,,,

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
vesteroid said:
I just ordered this from helmet city which I have seen here on this site.

I have grown tired of my fxrg helmet. It is too noisy and fogs too much for my taste.

Not to mention the new dx looks like more or a sport bike to me than the other vrods. So I got a sport bike helmet.

http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/PROD/rx7corsairgraphics/araiedwards9stars
Excellent selection as I have the same general type but last year's model.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts