Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geniuses, I'm contemplating getting these heads (HD 17142-06KB). I believe they are 1250 heads. I have an 1130. If I were to drop the money and pick up these heads, how do I determine which head gaskets I would need. From what I've read, heads are totally interchangeable. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
What are you intending to do ? What year is your bike ? Prior to '08 the only "1250 Heads" were the '05 S/Eagle Wagner Automotive ported CNC machined early heads and in '06 their as cast un-machined ports clone of them. The CNC's have better larger ports but the '06's seemed to work OK as well. Without doing valves, cams, pistons or all of them on a stock engine a very small advantage just not really worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not looking for improvements rather i had a busted cam cap bolt in the head. I got a real good deal on the 06 se heads (brand new) so i thought that would be the way to go. I got them along with the stage 2 cams. Sounds like they’ll bolt right up though.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Wow that's cool yea since they are being put on an 1130 bore you probably don't want 1250 gaskets as the inner bore of the gasket is larger and will drop your C/R. There have been quite a few discussions on these gaskets here -you might be able to search threads for them - the 1130's have brass crush dowels on them as well so you can check to see if your old gaskets will seat properly on the new heads, probably will then get new 1130 gaskets. :D

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Apschaut I just thought of something also look at Cometic Gaskets they make thinner head gaskets for a compression bump if you got cams you might want them they are even available on e bay but you might want to do some research first and see if they'll work properly with your heads on an 1130 bore just to be 100% sure. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts