Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Brothas and Sistas,

I finished my handlebar install. I used a great solution posted by GHOST.

Brake Line Mod.

It was easy and inexpensive. I am waiting for a 10" break line but the one I bought for $10 on the discount table at the dealership is 14" long and is working for now.

The bike feels great to ride now. No numbness in the hands, no pain in the elbows, back feels better, butt feels better and most important it still handles great!

I chose Harley part number 56085-83A (black). These are very similar to the bars on the Nightster. They were originally designed for the XR1000 and the XLX883.

I also painted the headlamp housing and instrument clam shell black.

Attachments

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
:plause: Nice work!

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
really nice bike. You have the whole seating section I'm about to get. The bars look great, but I have a couple of questions about the passenger seating area.

Does the sundowner passenger pillion raise the seating position of the passenger?

Do you get any complaint (about comfort) from your passenger? My wife is good for an hour at most on the stocker. We'd like to be able to do 3 hours or more.

What exactly did you do for the floor boards? It appears they are right on the swingarm..?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The floor boards are right on the swing arm. The threaded holes are already there, just pop out the plastic plugs. They won't fit with stock exhaust, however. The floor boards made the seating much more comfortable for both me and my wife. The seat could be softer, I will be modifying the shape and adding memory foam. I never had the stock seat so I can't compare the riding position. I have sat on the stock seat so I know that the Sundowner is a vast improvement.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Dave, Looks great! World of difference. Making it fit you is so key to enjoying it. V/R Joe

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
I don't know why everyone talks so much smack about the 'R', but that is one badass lookin bike. Excellent work Dave!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts