Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just a quick note to introduce myself. I'm from the frozen turf up here we call Canada. Riding season is just around the corner and I am looking at picking up a NightRod and thought I would check out this forum. Lots of great info on here. Seems like a lot of friendly and knowledgeable folks from my lurking so far....

·
I fly lower now...
1,578 Posts
Welcome, eh!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, just a quick note to introduce myself. I'm from the frozen turf up here we call Canada. Riding season is just around the corner and I am looking at picking up a NightRod and thought I would check out this forum. Lots of great info on here. Seems like a lot of friendly and knowledgeable folks from my lurking so far....
Hi I have a question I have 03A trying to do 240 conversion I know you discuss a lot using OEM swingarm, Pully, spacer. but use narrow belt 21mm. I am looking for 21mm belt part number 40627-06. I check on ebay it is $500. Just wondering if other brand or 20mm belt can be used. Thank you so much

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nope.
Now I would go with 08 and up swingarm and parts for it.
Good evening Moler I donot how to send private message, so I just write here. I find OEM 2009 Vrod swingarm # is 48606-07A if I use this one do you know the parts that I need to buy? One more thing I read blog from 1130CC someone point it out late model swingarms don't work well with the pre-2007 frames because the larger 5 gallon tank introduced in 2007 on the VRSCAW is longer and required a longer swingarm to clear it. This also changed the shock attachments on the frame. Right now I am confused what should I do. Thank you

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good evening Moler I donot how to send private message, so I just write here. I find OEM 2009 Vrod swingarm # is 48606-07A if I use this one do you know the parts that I need to buy? One more thing I read blog from 1130CC someone point it out late model swingarms don't work well with the pre-2007 frames because the larger 5 gallon tank introduced in 2007 on the VRSCAW is longer and required a longer swingarm to clear it. This also changed the shock attachments on the frame. Right now I am confused what should I do. Thank you
4 choices, 1 use the latter swing arm, 2 buy a rare $500 belt and mod the stock swing arm, 3 keep the stock 180 tire or buy a newer bike with a 240 tire, wheel, swing arm and a 5 gallon tank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
4 choices, 1 use the latter swing arm, 2 buy a rare $500 belt and mod the stock swing arm, 3 keep the stock 180 tire or buy a newer bike with a 240 tire, wheel, swing arm and a 5 gallon tank.
I found 2009 swingarm is that consider latter swingarm? If I use latter swingarm do I need do modifications? Do you know the parts I need to buy if I use latter swingarm? Thank you so much

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I found 2009 swingarm is that consider latter swingarm? If I use latter swingarm do I need do modifications? Do you know the parts I need to buy if I use latter swingarm? Thank you so much
Yes, that will work, but you will also need to change the right side engine mount and have the swingarm pivot shaft for the later swingarm. Then you will need the drive belt, rear pulley, wheel with axle and spacers and rear brake caliper and rotor. You will also need the later offset front pulley (which you need anyway even if you use your own swingarm)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, that will work, but you will also need to change the right side engine mount and have the swingarm pivot shaft for the later swingarm. Then you will need the drive belt, rear pulley, wheel with axle and spacers and rear brake caliper and rotor. You will also need the later offset front pulley (which you need anyway even if you use your own swingarm)
Thanks to let me know. Thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts