Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
N R S N V
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all on the forum. I recently joined after reading some of the great info on the site from its members and advertisers. I live in Philly, Pa. and I'm new to the motorcycle world. I fell in love with the vrod after seeing one in person at a stop light in Baltimore, MD. and the ultimate factories show. I signed up for a MSF course in my area and it starts in late Aug. (can't wait) I'm in search of a dealership in this area (forgive me...stealership better known as on the site) that is "vrod friendly". Now from reading, so far, there aren't to many. I'm going to purchase an '08 aw soon and want to start off on the right foot. There are some mods that I want to do, extended foot controls, exhaust, and seat to start. At 6'3" 295, I'm going to need a little more leg room and comfort. Thanx for all the info that I've gathered from here, and looking forward to more. All advice, thoughts and opinions are welcomed.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome, Give Hannums a try. They sell for msrp and have 2 shops to do maint and repair.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm originally from Haddon Heights NJ, and got my v-rod at Barb's on the Blackhorse PK. I now live down by the shore and have been to quite a few dealers around the Delaware Valley. In my opinion Barbs has the most v-rod and the best prices. Do check around for youself but do visit that dealer before you buy. Good luck its a great bike.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
:vrodforu: You found the best VR forums... Now go find the best VR for you! Good luck! A little advice on buying a bike... Anything with extended reach forward controls.:thumb:

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Glad you found us. Good luck, whatever you choose.

RJ

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
It doesn't matter which stealership you use, just remember to always have a nice supply (a big supply) of KY when dealing with them.:D

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
LTRod said:
BriansHD in Langhorne is probably the most vrod freindly...but Montco and Hannums are good also.
Stopped off at Brians on way up to Maine couple of years ago, good people :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
just stay away from classic hd, they just pulled all their v-rod aftermarket parts off the shelf and only have one v on the floor, and the salesman are terrible.....

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Bought mine at Hannums. Nice people to deal with. Brians or Barbs are both friendly. Skip Mills, I walked out of there years ago when looking at a Heritage.

·
Registered
587 Posts
mpddy01 said:
just stay away from classic hd, they just pulled all their v-rod aftermarket parts off the shelf and only have one v on the floor, and the salesman are terrible.....
i second that....i can't stand classic HD...A-holes....

i got my Rod from brians and they are great down there....its a ride for me....i'm near Maple Grove Raceway, about 20 min south of Reading, pa...

if i go local i go to Schaeffers HD in Orwigsburg...nice people there and much more helpful when compared to Classic

·
Go Cowboys!
292 Posts
Well that's switch because when I lived in PA, I bought my rod from Classic and they had a bunch of vrods and I had a great sales woman. I guess things change...

·
Registered
883 Posts
Parts and Accesories, Motorclothes

:vrodforu: :vrodforu: Who ever you buy it from make sure you get a 20% discount always from the day you purchase your bike.
:vrodforu:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts