Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Black and Silver Anniversary V-Rod owner here. Bone stock because I ripped the Samson pipes off. PC III is on the shelf for now. I've been looking for a good V-Rod forum and here it is!!

I was only interested in hot rods until a biker buddy made me best man in an all Harley wedding. We rode in; They got hitched; and we rode out. Needless to say, I had to learn quick.

Since then, a Ducati Monster served as my starter bike and I bought a V-Rod as soon as I could. I still have a big goofy grin on my face.
Thanks for coming together.
/Steevo

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Welcome if you like cars check out this 55 chevy my dad built new project is a 56 with LS1 6spd. :jeannie: :welcome:
www.my55chevy.com

·
Full Speed Realtor
271 Posts
Welcome, Steevo. You and I followed the same path, I too just moved from a Monster to the V-rod. The Duc was good to me, but the increased power, room, style, and quality of my V-rod puts me on Cloud 9.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:welcome: :kaz:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hot Rod said:
Welcome, Steevo. You and I followed the same path, I too just moved from a Monster to the V-rod. The Duc was good to me, but the increased power, room, style, and quality of my V-rod puts me on Cloud 9.
Quality?? Compared to the Duc? :hiding:

·
Registered
204 Posts
NC guy from LI, NY welcomes ya'all!

Welcome to our corner of the internet, a great site! :welcome: :cheers: :rofl2: fredfryguy

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
streetfytr68 said:
How do you like living in Vegas? I'm probably moving there over the summer.
/Steevo
I've been here since I was six weeks old so it's all I know! :kaz:

·
Registered
257 Posts
:welcome:

·
Full Speed Realtor
271 Posts
V-Man said:
Quality?? Compared to the Duc? :hiding:
Yeah, I did see an improvement going from my $8K Duc to my $18K Rod. More metal, especially chrome. Less plastic. On my Rod I really don't see any parts that HD chinsed on. I never liked the manual choke on the Duc Desmo motor, and waiting for my bike to warm up. My Duc had more rattles when idling (though my Rod has 4K less miles). Controls (lights, horn, signals, clutch lever, brake lever/pedal, pegs, and shifter) are far superior on the Rod as well.

Ducati makes some sweet machines, but my Rod is detailed where the Monster is not. I certainly wouldn't knock the Monster though. This just isn't a fair comparison for it, for the money it's outstanding.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree Hot Rod
Both are quality machines, but the V-Rod is a step up. The Ducati's fuel injection will still pop, fart, and bang every once and a while at a stop light when I blip the throttle.

Of course the main difference between the two bikes is that I ride the monster with a Deathwish :twisted: while I respect the V-Rod. :notworth:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Monster's are for Old Men You need a Super Bike! :kaz:

Attachments

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Steevo, Sorry to here about the Samsons. Wish you could have found this place sooner! Glad to have you on board. I like seeing other "gear heads" on here. Started building a pro street 55 Chevy stepside years back. Got a killer deal on a GM 502 and blew the budget. Some expense always surfaced as a higher priority and the truck had to wait. Got the fever and bought my trusty steed. Not sorry I did but the truck is still waiting on me. Got one just about done with college and two follwing behind. I'll get back to the truck at some point and for now, I still have my stress reliever........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts