Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
justinC
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Just ordered my '04 a couple of weeks ago, been wanting a v-rod forever! I just found this website and it seems to be one of the better forums on the net. I do have one question. My dealer is asking MSRP for the bike which I believe is $17,295.00. Should I negotiate with him on this price? And if so how much? All of my friends who have HD's said if they are asking MSRP they will probably not go any lower. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
justinc said:
Hi everyone! Just ordered my '04 a couple of weeks ago, been wanting a v-rod forever! I just found this website and it seems to be one of the better forums on the net. I do have one question. My dealer is asking MSRP for the bike which I believe is $17,295.00. Should I negotiate with him on this price? And if so how much? All of my friends who have HD's said if they are asking MSRP they will probably not go any lower. Any help would be appreciated.

:vrodforu:

Justin, MSRP is more than likely the best deal you will get.Take it and run...

BTW, were you the guy who bought my frame bag off EBAY? :cool:

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
justinc said:
Yeah Tbag that was me. Not sure if im going to use it though, sounds like alot of people are having problems with them. If I do it will only be for short rides.
Justin,

The bag is not a problem as long as you use the 3m protectant tape on the frame and top part of belt guard where the bag contacts.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Welcome!
I will be headding for Ft Leavenworth this summer, so maybe we can get together for a ride, maybe even go to the birthplace of the V-Rod there in KC!
Mike

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
WELCOME .....It won't cost you anything to try to get some chrome bolt ons....belt guard uppe, lower.... hose cover ect.........Good luck Greg

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
justinc said:
tbag,
Do they sell this tape at the dealership?
Alot of dealers carry it but if yours doesn`t you can try getting it onlline. Home Depot might even have it.

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
:welcome: justinc

Not sure how far you're willing to drive, but Ozark HD (Lebanon MO) always has the best prices. I paid $16.7k for mine and that was below MSRP at the time.

FYI,
Central HD (Shawnee, KS) has the best selection of V-ROD accessories IN STOCK.
St. Joe HD (St Joseph, MO) offers a dyno run for $35. No adjustments, just a run and graph print out.
Gail's HD (Belton, MO) is probably has the best for tuning.

:2cents:

·
justinC
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dereck said:
:welcome: justinc

Not sure how far you're willing to drive, but Ozark HD (Lebanon MO) always has the best prices. I paid $16.7k for mine and that was below MSRP at the time.

FYI,
Central HD (Shawnee, KS) has the best selection of V-ROD accessories IN STOCK.
St. Joe HD (St Joseph, MO) offers a dyno run for $35. No adjustments, just a run and graph print out.
Gail's HD (Belton, MO) is probably has the best for tuning.

:2cents:

Thanks for the advice Derek! Not sure if I would be willing to drive to the Ozarks. I was going to order mine from Central but they said it would be about 8 months before it would come in. It was also 500 over MSRP. Topeka hd was MSRP and they said it would be 2 months. So I decided to go with them. Thanks again.

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
Topeka HD made me the second best offer, I should have mentioned that in my first post. The services I don't do myself, I have done at Topeka HD. Very high quality, still learning about the v-rod though. Best of luck.

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
I'm also new to the forum and live in the Kansas City area. You may also want to check Salina HD and Doerflers HD out in Hays. They had pretty good prices when I was looking for mine last year. Don't hesitate to travel to get the bike of your dreams. You can get a U-haul trailer pretty cheap and turn it in to a fun road trip! I bought mine in Grand Junction, CO. As I remember, it was almost 1800 miles and I did it solo in a little under 37 hours. Sounds extreme but they made me a deal I couldn't turn down and I knew I couldn't rest until my new chrome pony was roped and brought back home.

·
justinC
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Danno said:
I'm also new to the forum and live in the Kansas City area. You may also want to check Salina HD and Doerflers HD out in Hays. They had pretty good prices when I was looking for mine last year. Don't hesitate to travel to get the bike of your dreams. You can get a U-haul trailer pretty cheap and turn it in to a fun road trip! I bought mine in Grand Junction, CO. As I remember, it was almost 1800 miles and I did it solo in a little under 37 hours. Sounds extreme but they made me a deal I couldn't turn down and I knew I couldn't rest until my new chrome pony was roped and brought back home.

Thanks for the info Danno! I've heard the further west you go the better deal you get. Don't know if its true or not. I will check into it. Its all about getting the best buy. What part of K.C. do you live in?

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
justinc said:
What part of K.C. do you live in?
I'm down in Olathe. I stumbled onto Grand Junction Harley Davidson late last summer and they were trying to move 2003 models to make room for 2004s. They told me HD was going to count their 03 inventory against their 04 allocation. I got a screamin' deal and the guys at the dealership were outstanding. Couldn't have been happier. I was pretty tired by the time I got back though......

·
justinC
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Danno said:
I'm down in Olathe. I stumbled onto Grand Junction Harley Davidson late last summer and they were trying to move 2003 models to make room for 2004s. They told me HD was going to count their 03 inventory against their 04 allocation. I got a screamin' deal and the guys at the dealership were outstanding. Couldn't have been happier. I was pretty tired by the time I got back though......

I bet, thats a long ride! I was in Olathe last Friday night, saw a v-rod on Sante Fe by Applebees. Might have been you. Anyways, give me an e-mail if you wanna get together for a ride sometime.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Welcome to here. I paid msrp, with no extras, but that was a year ago, when they were really marked up. SOme of these guys have gotten some extras thrown in. Can't hurt to ask.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts