Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the bike out for the first time after a harsh winter. I was with my girlfreind and we where on the way to the redwing shoe store and I was looking ahead at traffic, right as I looked down I saw it. I just said to myself this is going to be exspensive and WHAM hit a pothole and it threw the silver covers off both calipers, and bent my front wheel, luckly it held air and I was able to crawl back home with it. We are both fine the bike abosorbed most of the impact on this ordeal. My city "says" they will cover the cost of the repairs on the bike..

So if anyone has a used front wheel off a muscle they would like to sell I am ready to purchase ASAP.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Why not get an estimate from the local dealer for the parts you need and take that to the "city" before looking to get a used wheel.
Replace the tire too, a whack like that could do concealed damage.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have gotten estimates, its about 290 dollars for a front wheel. I am looking for used for because I will be able to get the parts quicker, spring is here and its time to ride again. I don't wanna wait on Harley supply chain.

And I am replacing the tire as well, it was a stock Dunflop that was cupped and completely wore down on the left side while the other side looked new still..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts