Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what the members here think of these new fork tube mounted front turn signals from Joker Machine. Sold in pairs...

Thanks

Attachments

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
Sharkey,, now those are nice! whats the cost and will one need an equalizer with them?

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the info on them.....

A new twist on our classic fork mount turn signal/marker lights.

We upgraded our fork mount turn signal/marker lights with a super bright LED pod for more visibility.

We also added a 49mm fork tube version to our line for Dyna's and V-Rod's.

IMPORTANT: If being used as a turn signal a load equalizer is required.

Made from T6-6061 billet aluminum, then polished and chrome plated or black anodized.

Comes with AMBER LED pod lights.

LED pod lights are angled 25 degrees to accommodate the rake of the forks.

Available for 39mm, 41mm, and our NEW 49mm fork tubes.

Sold in pairs.

Retail $124.95 and V-Shop always has 20% off any Joker parts..

members price $89.95

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
too bad we have to remove the forks to get these on but they look GREAT!!!

i am curious as to how much for the equalizer also

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so how much is the equalizer?

Stand-by .... I think I will be able to offer out a couple different options...reasearching them now....:deal:

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
yeah I didn't even notice that at first....that will take allot interest out of them IMO,, I wonder why they wouldn't re-fab them so fork removal isn't necessary...if they did I could see a ton of these being sold as the price is very fair

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looking at them I can see they would have to be 2 piece and then they would not be a smooth transition all the way around.... you don't have to remove the forks - just slide them down enough....

I am wondering if any members have heard that you can use an aftermarket 12volt car LED flasher and you will not need a load equalizer? - there are many different brands of load equalizers and most any of them will work..... just trying to save some money for the members and wondering if an LED flasher will work... I don't know?

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts

yeah I didn't even notice that at first....that will take allot interest out of them IMO,, I wonder why they wouldn't re-fab them so fork removal isn't necessary...if they did I could see a ton of these being sold as the price is very fair
Its a 30 minute job - jack bike up , unbolt calipers , remove front wheel , slacken yoke pinch bolts , slide forks down 2 inches , fit signals over forks , slide forks back up , tighten yoke pinch bolts , refit front wheel and bolt calipers back on.
Bobs your uncle.

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
very cool. let us know if it is a direct bolt on or if additional parts are needed

·
brett
9,338 Posts
when i did my cd ones i didnt even remove the wheels ,just jacked the bike up while the pinch bolt were undone,with someone in to guide them out and back in nicely to eliminate scratching ur tubes..easy as can be

also think seeing these on a vrod above and below the lower trees ,would help wiith sales for you

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Its a 30 minute job - jack bike up , unbolt calipers , remove front wheel , slacken yoke pinch bolts , slide forks down 2 inches , fit signals over forks , slide forks back up , tighten yoke pinch bolts , refit front wheel and bolt calipers back on.
Bobs your uncle.
Probably should remove the front fender also or risk screwing it up. 30 minutes is about right.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts

Custom Dynamics has load equalizers for about $65. I'm sure you can find them cheaper elsewhere.

Removing and replacing the forks is a no brainer.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
The wires coming out of the units looks a little cheesy. They should have thought about that a little more. The wire is at a right angle to the clamp making it a bit hard to conceal them.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts