Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new rotors,pads and bolts in Friday and just finished the install.
I went w the 5 spoke polished floaters that exactly match the rear.The main reason I replaced them is because I believe the V-Rod rotors have an incorrect metalurgy about them.I was able to use this style rotor because I have after market wheels that accept regular 00 & up Harley rotors.I had the adapters from HogPro on w V-Rod rotors,they were extremly warped.I'm not bitchin because I used up 2 sets of rotors in 42k miles.I hav'nt ridden it but I feel a big diffence just backing out of the garage.
I get my brake parts from KC International at ebay,I call and place my order so I can get any input and ask questions.The price was not bad,$275 for a set of floaters,their recommendation of pads and new chrome bolts.

I'm still amazed that I own a motorcycle like this,I love the way the solid chrome wheels look like they're clear,people say the wheels don't look like they are spinnin when I'm ridin down the highway.

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Woow.. those are some really cool wheels :thumb:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Great looking bike, wheels are excellent. Nice to see a bike that looks that great and that many miles which means its riden, not towed here and there,
You have a close up shot of that DA set up, I am on the fence on replacing mie if the fender and DA arent a exact match.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
luxlamf said:
Great looking bike, wheels are excellent. Nice to see a bike that looks that great and that many miles which means its riden, not towed here and there,
You have a close up shot of that DA set up, I am on the fence on replacing mie if the fender and DA arent a exact match.
I've cut 2 DA's the same way and somewhere I have the pieces that were cut off,as soon as I can locate one of them I'll send ya one that you can use as a template.I painted mine the same as the frame,there's matching 02-03 frame paint in the Forums store.
Max cut one once that was just a tag holder without the T signals and it looked pretty tough too.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
George
5,411 Posts
Dayum! that looks good Al!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took it out for a ride to the store last night,cops were everywhere,people pulled everywhere,so I couldn't haul ass but the bike felt like new.I knew the old rotors were warped but I didn't realize just how warped they really were until I noticed the vibration at my hands was completely gone.It stops smooth and quick.I guess once the pads are burnished in and I do a few panic stops I'll be able to learn how the new material holds up.

BTW,I haven't polished the chrome in over 3 weeks and it shines like this,I'm gonna polish it up and install some more chrome parts today and then take it out and ride the hell out of it! I'll just have to tell my wife the wind is blowing the paint off and chrome is more durable.I'm gettin real thin on excuses here,anyone got some new ones?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Chrome is smoother than paint, so it cuts down on wind resistance which helps with gas mileage. You know gas is more expensive than chrome. :)

Honey... they had a 2 for on sale on chrome at the dealers. :rofl:

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
Nice job on both the wheels and the rotors. It must freak people out to see a bike moving when the wheel don't appear to be. It's kind of like the cars with the spinner wheels that are moving when the spinners aren't. Every body knows chrome spinners make your car go faster!

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
That chrome is so chrome it doesnt even look like its there LOL

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jmullins said:
That chrome is so chrome it doesnt even look like its there LOL
I know it,if the rotors were as shiny as the wheels they would blend right in and would not be seen.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vrod-Mike said:
What all that chrome and you still have the stock calipers? :hidesbeh: J/K It looks awesome.
Contrast man,Contrast.
I like the gray calipers,also the graduall change of the bike.

I have a rear chrome caliper but I got it before the 240 was on and If I machine it like I had to on the painted one it'll ruin the finish.One day I'll put it on the Heritage,machine the Heritage caliper,chrome it and stuff it on the V-Rod,then get a set of chrome ones for the front.

Elrod on the V-Rod

1 - 16 of 16 Posts